Is Ancient Good? | Ancient MMR | Dota 2 Ranks
Everything You need to know about the Ancient Rank in Dota 2!
What MMR is Ancient?
Ancient is the sixth tier in the Dota 2 ranking system, located between Legend and Divine tiers. Once you reach this level, you can be regarded as one of the higher ranked players in the game. Around this point, you might even start considering a professional carrier, although you would need some more time to get there. The Ancient tier will have between 3850 and 4619 MMR. Here is a breakdown of the Ancient category according to MMR:
Is Ancient a good rank in Dota 2?
Ancient players are very good at Dota 2, with around 10.72% of all the players in this tier. By being in the higher, Ancient 5 tier, you will rank among the 93.09% of all players. In other words, there will only be around 7% of Dota players who are on your level or better.
Ancient players are extremely knowledgeable. They are able to play most of the simpler heroes on a very high level and to perform well on medium difficulty heroes. Gamers who are in this tier have good knowledge of the game but could probably transition to other MOBAs without missing a beat.
How many hours do you need to play Dota 2 to become Ancient tier?
To get to this tier, you might need years of practice. If you played Dota 2 from the start, there is a good chance that you will be in this category. However, getting to it might be really hard for those who have just started playing the game in the last year or so.
Most players will need between 2500 to 3700 hours to reach the Ancient rank.
Ways to improve from Ancient
The next level of Dota 2 is Divine. Only a small percentage of players will manage to reach it, and even if you’re a veteran, there is a chance you might not be able to penetrate this tier. Getting to Divine requires absolute concentration and work-like mentality.
Although there is no guarantee that you will reach Divine tier, here are some of the things that might help you get there:
- Try to use a very limited pool of heroes (5 to 10), and make sure to play the same role over and over again. This pool should only include heroes who are viable in the current meta.
- Always pick according to team needs without any personal bias (from the previously allocated pool).
- Your communication skills should be top notch. Whether you’re using microphone or typing, make sure to encourage your teammates and provide constructive feedback.
- Don’t play if you’re tired or if you’re not focused. If you lose a game, fight the urge to force yourself into another game if you’re not mentally prepared.
- You need to win more than 50% of late games. While you can allow mistakes during earlier stages of the game, losing any encounter in the late game will cost you MMR.
- Start removing items from inventory while healing or using the bottle.
- If you’re a core and especially carry, make sure to use consumables so that you don’t have to return to base.