How To Change Language in Destiny 2 Quickly
Here are 3 methods that can help you change language in Destiny 2.
As there is no option in Destiny 2’s settings to change the default language, players often struggle to play the game in their native language. You don’t even get a choice prior to installing it. However, there are multiple methods through which you can change the language in Destiny 2. Today, we will talk about all of them.
3 Methods To Change Language in Destiny 2
Destiny 2 is available on multiple platforms and thankfully, you can change the game language in all of them. While this can not be done from the game settings, there are some other ways. Similar to what we previously did in our Rainbow Six Siege language changing guide, we are going to talk about each method in detail. This way, you will be able to change the game’s language quickly and easily.
How To Change Language in Destiny 2 on PC Through Steam
Destiny 2 can be downloaded on PC through Steam. Blizzard app is also an option, but players mostly choose Steam. For those who don’t know, this is the biggest video games marketplace for PC users. If you are playing the game through Steam as well, you’ll be glad to know that you can change the game’s language through it. The process is quite simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Launch Steam and sign in to your account by entering your username and password
- After launching Steam, to your Game Library where all your games are stored
- Now, find Destiny 2 among the games and right-click on it
- From the list of options that will appear, click on “Properties” to access another menu
- Now, click on the Langauge settings option that can be found on the left side of menu
- From the left side of the menu, choose whichever language you prefer from the list of languages in the drop down menu
After changing the language, restart Steam and play Destiny 2 on your PC. When the game starts, you will be able to play it in your new language in the game.
How To Change Language in Destiny 2 on PlayStation
Destiny 2 is available on both PS4 and PS5. If you’re playing the game on any of these platforms, you will need to change the language of your PS4 or PS5. This is because in some cases, the game’s language depends on the console’s language. Here is how you can change the language of PS4 and PS5:
- Start your PS4 or PS5
- Go to the Settings
- Find an option named Language in the Setting menu
- PS4 users can go to System Language
- If you are on PS5, you need to access “Console Language” from System settings
- Once there, select a new language for your console from the language settings
- Restart your PS4 or PS5
After everything is done correctly, the system language of your consoles will change. Furthermore, you will also see a new display language in the game.
How To Change Language in Destiny 2 on Xbox
If you’re playing the game on Xbox One or Xbox Series X, we’ve got you covered as well. For Xbox’s language, you will need to follow the same method we mentioned for PlayStation users instead of using the Xbox app. In other words, you will need to change the console’s language. To do it, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Main Menu of your Xbox One or Xbox Series X
- Access the Settings
- Find an option named System in the Setting menu
- From here, open the Language tab in the Setting menu and select a new language for your console from the list of languages
Now restart your console and launch the game. Thanks to it, you will now play it in your new game language. As you can see, the process is simple and you will not need any help from the Xbox community for it.
This was how to change language in Destiny 2. As you can see for yourself, the process of changing language is pretty simple and you can fix the wrong default language issue quickly. You don’t need to go to your browser to search for multiple methods, as we have mentioned all of them.