How To Get Five-Star Character And Weapons in Genshin Impact? (A Simple Guide To Wishing)
Genshin Impact has tons of useful weapons and fun-to-play characters. Players can choose from a neverending range of playstyles and elemental combinations. But how do you get these characters and weapons in Genshin Impact? Let us find out!
How to get a five-star character and five-star weapons?
To get 5-star characters and weapons you will need to make pulls in Genshin Impact. To make pulls you will need to gather the wishing currencies in the game, the Acquaint Fates or Intertwined Fates. One fate can make one pull.
Acquaint fates are used to make wishes on the standard banner while Intertwined Fates can only be used to make wishes on limited-time character and weapon banners.
How to get Acquaint Fates and Intertwined Fates?
There are plenty of ways to get your hands on these wishing currencies, here is how you can do it:-
- With Primogems- The easiest and most common way to obtain the fates is to exchange your Primogems for them. You can exchange 160 primogems for one Acquaint Fate or Intertwined Fate. To do this you must collect Primogems fast in Genshin Impact. You can also use platforms like Freecash to collect free Primogems faster.
- With Masterless Stardust and Starglitter - In the shop, you can exchange your Masterless Stardust and Starglitter for Acquaint Fate or Intertwined Fate. Masterless Stardust and Starglitter are both obtained from wishing. Once a month you can only buy 5 Acquaint Fate and 5 Intertwined Fate using the Masterless currency. Once you've exhausted the monthly limit you will have to wait for the next update to get them again.
- With Genesis Crystals - You can buy Genesis Crystals in Genshin Impact using real-world money and convert them into Primogems. Once you are done with the conversion process, you can exchange the Primogems for the fates.
- With Battle Pass - You can unlock a fate from the battle pass when you reach certain levels.
- With Ascension - When you ascend your characters you can get Acquaint fates on certain ascension levels.
What are the types of banners in Genshin Impact?
Genshin Impact has three kinds of banners that players can wish on, which are:-
- The very first banner is the standard banner. The standard banner features six five-star characters, Jean, Diluc, Mona, Keqing, Qiqi, and the recently added Tighnari. You can also get a five-star weapon from the standard banner like the Aquila Favonia sword, the Jade cutter, the Amos Bow, and the Skyward series weapons. In addition to all these incredibly rare five-star drops, the standard banner can give you many three-star weapons all kinds of four-star rewards.
- The next banner is the limited-time character banner, on this banner, you can obtain a limited-time five-star character and three featured four-star characters and weapons. Before pulling for a character it is highly recommended that you pay attention to their combat features like energy particle requirement, base attack elemental skill damage, elemental burst damage, and their physical DPS potential if you want to use them with a physical damage build.
- Lastly, there is the weapon banner, from which you can obtain two of the featured five-star weapons or featured four-star weapons and some four-star characters. The weapon banner consists of a special mechanism called the epitomized path, we will get into it more in the next section.
How to make a wish on a banner?
Once you have the fates you can start wishing, to make follow the steps below:-
- Go to the wish menu.
- Select the banner you want to make a wish on. (If you are making a wish on the weapon banner, make sure to chart the course for your desired weapon)
- Press on the single wish or multiple wishes option according to your liking.
- If you are out of fates, convert your Primogems into fates to continue wishing.
How do the gacha mechanics work in Genshin Impact?
Like other gacha games, Genshin Impact too has game mechanics that rely heavily on luck but Genshin's gacha system has a unique feature. The pity system decreases the amount of uncertainty and gives players some hope for getting the best characters and unlocking the weapons that they want. This is how it works:-
- Limited Character Banner - You will need to roll ten times for a 4-star guarantee and 90 times for a 5-star character. There is a 50/50 chance of winning either a standard 5-star or a limited-time 5-star.
- Standard Banner: You will need ten times to get a 4-star guarantee and 90 times to get a standard 5-star character (Jean, Mona, Keqing, Diluc, Qiqi).
- Weapon Banner: You need to roll ten times for a 4-star guaranteed weapon and eighty times for a 5-star guaranteed weapon. There is a 50/50 chance of winning either a limited-time 5-star weapon or a standard 5-star weapon.
The number of rolls necessary to obtain a character or weapon with a guaranteed rating of 4 or 5 stars is mentioned above. Another kind of pity, known as soft pity, begins around the 75th roll. Here, the likelihood of finding a 5-star character or weapon starts to rise.
The pity is carried over from one banner to another. Therefore, the rolls you make up to 75 times before a new banner appears will carry over. Note that you must be rolling under the same banner for this to be effective. Banners for standard characters and limited-time characters have different pity records. They function independently, and the Weapon banner is no exception.
If you are not satisfied with your gacha drops you can always create a reroll account in Genshin Impact.
The Epitomized Path feature
The weapon banner of Genshin Impact has another distinct feature in addition to the pity system, the Epitomized Path. This feature gives you the option to chart a course for one of the two selected limited-time weapons. You obtain a fate point on every five-star that isn't your charted weapon. Once you obtain two fate points, you will get your charted limited-time weapon.
The Epitomized feature guarantees you your desired five-star if you have enough wishes, this is a big relief for many players.
Can you get any characters without wishing?
Yes, you can obtain characters without making any wishes.
When you start the game and do the prologue quest in the Mondstat region you get one 5-star character, the traveler, and three free 4-star characters Amber. Kaeya, and Lisa.
You can also get free characters while participating in special events and obtaining them as prizes. One more way is to finish certain tasks like reaching adventure rank 18 to get Barbara or clearing Spiral abyss floor 3, chamber 3 to get Xiangling.
Can you obtain any weapons without wishing?
Yes, it is possible to obtain some weapons without wishing. Genshin Impact players have access to craftable weapon blueprints like the Iron Sting, Prototype Archaic, and Hamayumi Bow. Once players have enough crafting materials like iron chunks and crystal chunks they can go to the nearest blacksmith and get a new four-star weapon crafted in seconds. Before crafting a weapon look out for its stats like elemental mastery, secondary stat normal and charged attacks damage bonuses, etc.
Another way to obtain weapons is by participating in special events and finishing special quests, by doing so you will get weapons and their enhancement materials as rewards. Weapons like Fading Twilight, Cinnabar Spindle, and Oathsworm Eye are some special weapons that were given to players during certain limited-time events.