How to process ingredients in Genshin Impact? (Easy Step-By-Step Guide)
Genshin Impact has a variety of things to do and cooking can be a great way to have fun in the game. The world of Teyvat harbors a plethora of delicious cuisines. But how do you collect ingredients? How do you process them or what to do to make a perfect dish? Let's find that all out!
How to collect ingredients in Genshin Impact?
If you are looking forward to cooking some delicacies, you will need ingredients. Many ingredients can be found in the wild such as pinecones, apples, and sunsettias. Some elements however are rare and can't be found in wild areas but can be easily obtained from the grocery shops in each nation's main cities like Mondstat, Sumeru city, and Liyue harbor.
Also, there are some nation's specialty ingredients that can only be obtained while exploring a specific region's areas. Some examples would be, lotus heads found in Liyue, Lavender Melons found in Inazuma, etc.
How to process the collected ingredients?
Sometimes, to make complex recipes you will need to process the collected ingredients. Like converting sweet flowers into sugar to make desserts or converting raw meat into bacon to cook cold-cut platters.
Processing ingredients in genshin impact is a pretty easy and quick task. Just follow the steps below:
- Find one of the cooking pots with a fire if you are in the wild. If the cooking setup is not fired up then use any of your party members with pyro skills to light up the cooking fire. If you are in one of the main cities then you don't need a cooking pot and you can use a restaurant's cooking setup.
- Go near the cooking setup, automatically the cook option will pop up on your screen, select it. It will open the ingredient processing menu tab.
- Select the chili pepper icon to begin processing.
- Select the cooking ingredients you want to process. You can select multiple ingredients at a time.
- Once you have selected the item, confirm the amount you need. Once this is done you can then process food.
- Wait for the set processing time to obtain your processed ingredients.
- Once time has passed you can walk up to any cooking setup to obtain the materials.
How to cook dishes using the ingredients?
Once you are done collecting ingredients and processing them, you will be ready to cook a dish. The cooking mechanic of Genshin Impact is very easy to understand.
Go through the following steps if you desire to cook a dish:-
- Find a cooking setup and approach it.
- Press on the cook, this will open the cooking menu.
- Click on the knife and fork button.
- Select the dish you would like to cook and make sure you have enough ingredients for it.
- Confirm the amount you would like to obtain for the certain dish.
- The cooking meter will appear on the screen if you haven't unlocked the autocook option for the dish. Stopping the button in different areas will result in different forms of the dish. A Delicious Dish is produced when you land on the orange area, a Regular Dish when you land on the yellow area, and a Suspicious Dish when you land on the grey area.
- Once you stop the meter in any area, you can obtain the cooked dish.
How to obtain more recipes?
As you progress further in the game, you will end up exploring new cuisines. You can get your hands on new recipes by buying them from city restaurants that sell their recipes in exchange for Mora. You can also unlock new recipes while playing some quests, Xiangling's story quest is an example of this, once done with her quest you can unlock the recipe for Jade Parcels.
What are dishes used for?
The dishes you cook can help you out in many ways. You can use them during combat to enhance your party's abilities. There are several categories of dishes, attack increasing dishes, stamina increasing dishes, defense increasing dishes, crit rate increasing dishes, HP increasing dishes, and lastly dishes that can bring back a fallen character.
Although these dishes are very useful they still have some setbacks. You can't use any dishes to elevate your character's abilities in the spiral abyss. Also, once a character is full, you won't be able to feed them anymore hence there is a limit to amplifying their abilities.
What are special dishes?
Some characters may have the talent to make a certain dish. When these characters with cooking talent are selected to make their signature recipes they may make a special dish. For example, when Collei is selected to cook Pita Pockets she will make 'Delicious Pita Pockets' which is a special dish, while any other character will make normal Pita Pockets. Another case is Kaeya, one of the characters you can get without wishing in Genshin Impact. Kaeya can make a special dish when selected to make a Teyvat fried egg.
Some characters have other passive cooking talents. One such character is Noelle, who has a 12% chance of delivering double the amount of the dish when she is selected to cook a defense-enhancing dish. You can collect Primogems in Genshin Impact for such characters and then make pulls for them on their banner.