How To Easily Change Language in ARK: Survival Evolved
Just like most of the other games out there, Ark: Survival Evolved also lets you change the language of the game. At the time of writing, there are more than 10 languages for you to choose from. And today, we are going to talk about how to change language in Ark.
7 Methods to Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved
If you have the wrong default language in ARK: Survival Evolved and are unable to play the game because of it, then worry no more. Just like we did it for our Dead by Daylight language changing guide, we are going to mention a couple of methods through which you’ll be able to quickly change the language of the game, no matter which platform you are on.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved on PC
First, let’s take a look at how you can change the game’s language on PC.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved Through Steam
Ark can be downloaded on PC through different methods. Most players opt for Steam. If you’re one of them, you’ll be glad to know that the game’s language can be changed through the Steam client. You will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Steam
- Go to your library where all of your games are stored
- Find Ark and left-click on it
- Open the Properties of the game, which will pop up a new menu on your screen
- On the left side, you’ll see the Language option just below Local Files
- Click on it and then choose your preferred language from the right side
- When you click on the language option on the right side, a drop-down list will appear on your screen that will have all the available languages
After successfully changing the language of Ark from its properties, restart Steam and wait for things to come back online. Then, launch Ark Survival again to play it in the new voice language.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved Through Epic Games Launcher
If you downloaded the game through Epic Games Launcher on PC, you can change its language quickly. To do this, you will need to:
- Launch Epic Games and sign in to your account
- Click on your profile icon from the top right corner and then open Settings
- On the top, you’ll see the option to change the language
- Click on it and select whichever language you prefer
After you change the language, the Epic Games launcher will ask you to restart the launcher. Do that for the changes to take place.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved Through Steam_Emu File
You can also change the language in Ark Survival by editing the Steam_Emu file. This can be done by going to specific folders. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Go to the location where you installed Ark
- Open the Engine folder
- Now go to Binaries > ThirdParty > Steamworks > Steamv132 > Win64
- Open the Steam_Emu file using the Notepad
- Scroll down to a text that says “Language=”
- Enter your preferred language after the “=” sign
- Save the file
Once done, restart your computer and launch Ark. This time, the game will be in the language you entered in the file.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved on PS4
As Ark does not feature an in-game option to change the language, it will use the language of your PS4. This means that you will need to change the system language of your console if you want to play Ark in a different language. The process is pretty simple as it requires you to go to the settings and then change the System Language from there. You will need to restart your console for the changes to take place.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved on Xbox One
On Xbox One, you will need to follow the method mentioned above. Changing the language of Xbox One is a pretty quick process as you will just need to go to the settings and locate an option called “Language and Location.” This will let you change the system language.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved on Nintendo Switch
For Nintendo Switch users, you can go to your settings from the Home Screen. Then, you will need to scroll down to an option called “Language.’ This is from where you’ll be able to select your preferred language from a list.
How To Change Language in Ark: Survival Evolved on Mobile
Thankfully, on mobile, Ark lets you change the language from within the game. To do this, you will need to:
- Launch Ark
- On the Home Screen, tap on Options
- Tap on the Game tab
- Here, you’ll see an option named “Language”
- Tap on it to select a new language for the game
If you’re unable to see the new language even after changing it from the in-game settings, then we’ll suggest you restart your device and launch Ark again.
This was how to change language in Ark. As you can see, the process is not time-consuming and you can change the language within a minute.
If you’re currently planning to install Ark, then you can also check out its file size for all platforms. We also did a guide on how to show FPS in Lost Ark to help you get the maximum performance on PC.