How To Easily Record Rust Gameplay And Clips
With so many options to record Rust gameplay, anyone can do it entirely effortlessly without using the video capture card. This article will show you the best and most painless ways to record Rust gameplay and clips and our software recommendations, so vámonos.
What’s The Best Way To Record Rust Gameplay and Clips?
The best method of recording the Rust gameplay on your PC is two programs. The first one, called Powder, uses the power of artificial intelligence to automatically capture highlights and best moments from Rust, which you can easily share in a few moments. Our second pick is Gazoom, the gameplay recording program that automatically captures highlights and stores them on a cloud, so you can easily access them on your mobile device and share them or edit them using the advanced tools in a few taps!
As to Rust Console Edition, the best way of recording Rust on Xbox and PlayStation is using the share buttons on the controllers, which you'll discover how to use if you keep scrolling down.
How To Record Rust Clips In A Few Clicks?
The most open-and-shut way to record Rust is using the Xbox Game Bar on PC (which comes with Windows 10 and above) and using the dedicated record buttons on Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
To begin recording on a PC, simply press the Windows button + Shift + G on your keyboard and click the red icon. You'll find your Rust gameplay videos and clips in C:\Users\username\Videos\Captures.
The Best Methods Of Recording Gameplay and Clips In Rust
We tried and tested various pieces of recording software, so you won't have to. However, although singling out was difficult, we had to select some of them, so keep scrolling to discover our favorites. Oh, and if you're interested, check out how to record the Call Of Duty Warzone gameplay.
Method #1: Nvidia GeForce Experience
This is how you can record Rust gameplay using the GeForce Experience:
- Download the latest version of GeForce Experience, and once you install it, it will automatically run.
- Click on the settings cog icon left of your user name, in the upper-right corner.
- Enable the in-game overlay by clicking on the grey button.
- Once the icon turns green, click on the “Settings” right underneath. You'll now be able to change elemental options like keyboard shortcuts or the default folder where your videos will be stored.
- Once you set these things up, click on the "Video Capture" tab.
Now, GeForce Experience doesn't offer any nerd settings, but video quality, resolution, and frame rate options will do the trick. As soon as you set everything to your preference, you'll be able to record Rust by pressing the previously set keyboard shortcut or clicking the "Record" button in the overlay. If you haven't changed the default folder, the videos will be stored in C:\Users\<Username>\Videos.
Method #2: Radeon ReLive
If you have AMD GPU, this is how you can record Rust with the Radeon ReLive:
- Head to the AMD’s official website to download Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition, and once you install it, you'll receive a prompt to restart your PC.
- Once you open this program for the first time, click on the AMD Radeon settings and choose the ReLive tab.
- Finally, tick the ReLive button to enable this option.
Looking at the screenshot, you'll notice how each option is more easily accessible than in other programs. So choose the settings according to your PC's power and preference, and once you're ready to record Rust gameplay videos (or clips), press the Ctrl + Shift + R (by default). In addition, Radeon ReLive videos are stored in C:\Users\<Username>\Videos\Radeon ReLive.
Method #3: Open Broadcaster Software
Finally, here's how you can record Rust gameplay videos using the OBS:
- Download the current version, and once you install and run it, you'll receive a one-time prompt where the program will suggest you to use the auto-configuration wizard. We strongly advise accepting this prompt because it's much more straightforward and shorter.
- Once you're on the main screen of OBS, select the + icon under the "Sources."
- Choose the "Game Capture" and write any name you want or leave it like that.
To begin recording Rust gameplay, click on the "Start Recording" on the main screen of OBS, or press the keyboard shortcut if you have set one. And if you'd like to configure anything like audio, video, or advanced options, click "File" and choose "Settings" under it. To find your Rust videos recorded with OBS, head to the C:\Users\<Username>\Videos.
How To Record Rust Gameplay On Xbox
If you'd like to record and share some astonishing Rust moments on your Xbox console, hold down the lower-mid button with an arrow, and hold it down again to stop recording.
How To Record Rust Gameplay On PlayStation
By the same token, if you'd like to record Rust on your PlayStation console, simply press the share button above the arrows two times and two times to stop recording.
Other Mentionable Ways Of Recording Rust Gameplay
Some of the alternative pieces of software that we couldn't mention above are:
- Fraps (Supports resolutions up to 7680x4800 but hasn't been updated since 2013)
- Shadowplay (Supports instant sharing on social media, but it's only compatible with Nvidia graphic cards)
- Action! (A mixed bag of audio and video options, but it costs money)
- Outplayed (Very straightforward and convenient, but it lacks refined options)
- Adobe Captivate (Perfect for making the Rust tutorials, but it's highly-priced)
You don't have to be a content creator or a professional player to record Rust gameplay; maybe you just want to show off or record special moments. Nevertheless, if you are one, make sure to see how you can make money off playing video games in a nice and comfortable way.