How to show your Ping in RuneScape and OSRS in a few clicks
Learn how you can easily display your Ping in RuneScape and OSRS.
Most online games nowadays usually have an easy way to display your Ping, but that's not the case for RuneScape, and also definitely not the case for Old School RuneScape. So if you want to know how you can check your Ping while playing, we'll show you how you can do that for both RuneScape and OSRS.
How to show Ping in Old School RuneScape
Show Your Ping in Old School RuneScape By Using the Windows Command Prompt
OSRS operates on an old system, so displaying your Ping in an in-game overlay is not possible, but if you are playing on Windows, you can still do it without using any third-party software. Just follow this step-by-step guide to learn how:
- Click on Windows and search for cmd.
- Open the Command Prompt app.
- Before typing any commands, you need to know your OSRS World Number first. You can check that all the time you open the OSRS app.
- Attention, you'll have to make your World Number minus 300 to know the number you should use in the Prompt command. So if your World Number is 356, for example, go back to the Prompt and type: ping oldschool56.runescape.com
- If you typed everything correctly, the Prompt will display your average, maximum and minimum Ping with the World you are playing.
- More examples of commands:
- World 326 / Command: ping oldschool26.runescape.com
- World 473 / Command: ping oldschool173.runescape.com
- World 400 / Command: ping oldschool100.runescape.com
How to show Ping in RuneScape
Show Your Ping in RuneScape By Using the Developer Console Command Prompt
You don't need any third-party program or the NXT client features to check Ping in RuneScape. All you need is to type the displayfps command on the dev console, it's that simple. Here's how you can do it:
- While in Runescape, press Alt + ‘ to open up the developer console command prompt.
- Type the following command: displayfps
- Now your Ping rate should appear next to the Runescape minimap as a debug text, among other benchmarks, such as the game cache, frame rate, and disk cache. All with expandable graphs.
Now that you know how to display your Ping in RuneScape, you might be interested in ways to solve your Ping-related issues, turning a very bad connection into at least a moderate connection with the game server's internet traffic. If you do, check out our article on how you can fix your high Ping in RuneScape. And if you want to know more about monitoring your Ping time on other games, we recommend you read one of our related articles on how you can show your Ping in Destiny 2.
Want to know other ways to enhance your gaming experience? Then check out our article on how you can improve your FPS in RuneScape, and if you want to know the best ways to display your FPS counter in-game, check out our article on how you can show your FPS counter in RuneScape.