How To Switch/Change Characters In Genshin Impact?
Genshin Impact offers a diverse range of captivating characters with unique combat styles, but you will often need more than one character's support while exploring and during combat. So how many characters do you need and how can you switch between them? Let's discover the answers.
How many characters can you obtain in Genshin Impact?
In Genshin Impact there are always new characters coming out now and then. Currently, there are fifty-eight playable characters in Genshin Impact after Nahida got launched in version 3.2. Players can get their hands on all the characters (some even for free), there is no limit to how many characters you can pull for and keep in the game.
However, before pulling on any banner, we recommend you save up Primogems in Genshin Impact and keep a track of your pity rate on all the banners.
How many party members can be used at once?
While you can have as many characters as you like, your party setup can only contain four characters at a time.
You can switch between them to perform different rotations and use their skills or burst in any order you prefer.
How to switch characters in Genshin Impact?
Switching characters in Genshin Impact is a pretty straightforward procedure. Here's how you can switch between characters on your device:-
For PC players:
If you wish to switch characters present in the current party then simply press the number beside the name on your keyboard.
For example, your party has Diluc (1), Kaeya (2), Jean (3), and Lisa(4). If you want to switch to Diluc you can press the number key 1 on your keyboard. Similarly, if you wish to switch to Kaeya press 2 on your keyboard, and so on.
For Mobile players:
Mobile players have an even easier process for switching between different characters, you can simply tap on the character icons that are displayed on the right side of your mobile screen and your selected character will appear.
For PlayStation players:
Playstation players can use their D-pad controllers for changing characters swiftly using the controller keys.
There is no limit to the number of times you can switch between different characters. However, keep in mind that you can't immediately switch two characters in a row. The character-switching feature has a very short cooldown span of one second. Once the cooldown time is over you can switch your character again.
How to change the party set up in Genshin Impact?
If you desire to change party members and equip new characters, you can do so easily by following the steps below:
- Click on the in-game menu with the Paimon icon, present at the top left corner of your screen. (Or press the L key on your keyboard if you are a PC player.)
- Select the party setup option.
- Click on the 'Quick setup' option.
- Choose the characters you want to remove or add to the party from the character menu.
- Three other party setups can you can deploy directly. If you wish to select any of them you can do so by selecting them.
- Once you are done selecting party setup simply click on the cross button and you are done.
Remember that you can't change party setup while being engaged in combat, playing any domains, or clearing the spiral abyss floors and chambers. Select your party before going further with any of those tasks.
What are the different roles in a team?
There can be up to multiple characters in a party, and they all have important roles to play. Following is the list of roles your characters can take over in Genshin IMpact:-
- DPS - The DPS characters are in charge of inflicting damage on your enemies and getting rid of them. Examples- Ganyu, Ayaka, Hu Tao, and Xiao.
- Sub DPS/Support - Sub DPS characters can either help you scale your damage up or provide some support or buffs to your main damage dealers. Examples- Benett, Xingqiu, and Xiangling.
- Healers - Healers are often overlooked but while playing Spiral Abyss or facing a formidable opponent like the Raiden Shogun Puppet and Rifthounds they often save the team from dying by providing much-needed healing. Examples- Kokomi, Barbara, Jean, and Qiqi.
- Shielders - Shielders can protect your team from heavy attacks that you might not be able to dodge, they can protect you from both physical and elemental attacks depending on their shield strength. Examples - Zhongli, Noelle, and Thoma.
These roles can be often switched between characters or a character can play more than one task depending o how you choose to build them. For example, Noelle is capable of shielding and healing party members at the same time.
How to build a strong team?
- To build a strong team you must be aware of the elemental reactions and elemental resonance features of the game and use elements that complement each other like Cryo and Pyro to create an elemental reaction called 'Melt' which does heavy damage to opponents.
- Secondly, you must build your characters right with weapons that are compatible with their abilities.
- Lastly, find out which artifacts work best for your Genshin Impact characters and use them wisely, avoid farming for useless artifacts to save your time and resource.