Is Legend Good? | Legend MMR | Dota 2 Ranks
Everything You need to know about the Legend Rank in Dota 2!
Legend is the fifth tier in the Dota 2 ranking system, located between Archon and Ancient. Players in this tier have very competitive games with lots of back and forth. Legend tier gamers become specialized in certain roles and heroes, being able to produce results constantly. Furthermore, they know how to snowball when they have an advantage and close games more efficiently. The legend category will have between 3080 and 3849 MMR. Here is a breakdown of the Legend level according to MMR:
Is Legend a good rank in Dota 2?
Legend players are very good at Dota 2, with around 19.19% of all the players in this tier. They are very knowledgeable, being able to memorize skills, their damage, and cooldowns. The majority of Legend players keep track of the competitive scene, which allows them to progress their game even further.
Legend tier does have its flaws. These players on this level tend to be more cautious than the other tiers. But, they might also miscalculate their positioning during teamfights. Or, they might target the wrong person during teamfights. Every so often, they might struggle to optimize their item build according to a situation. They won't necessarily use an absurd build for a hero, but instead, they might not pick the right item at the right time.
How many hours do you need to play Dota 2 to become Legend tier?
Getting to the Legend tier is no easy task. It requires a lot of dedication over a prolonged period of time. In fact, a lot of players who are in this tier play Dota 2 on a consistent basis and might not play any other games. The only exception are the MOBA veterans who might occasionally play Dota 2 without missing a step.
Most players will need between 1800 to 2500 hours to reach the Legend tier.
Ways to improve from Legend
The next Dota 2 category is Ancient. It is a very hard tier to get into, and most of the players will never reach it. In fact, a lot of gamers will need years of dedication to get to the Ancient tier. If you wish to get to it, you will have to start working on small details. It is very important for a team to utilize the map in the right way, so they can maximize the farm of their cores.
Here are some of the things you should focus on if you intend to become Ancient:
- Stacking and pulling should be a part of every game, and it should be done at a very high level. If you're a support, you need to be able to create massive ancient stacks and protect them from possible imminent invasion. The whole area needs to be warded for additional security.
- As a support, you need to teleport to your mid when he’s being ganked during the early game. If you're a carry or a core, it is very important to teleport into early game teamfights (between 8 minute to 15 minute mark)
- As a support, you need to avoid taking any creeps from your cores. Furthermore, support players need to deward the map all the time and carry a set of ward so they can place them prior to imminent teamfights.
- All players, but especially carry, should have buyback money from mid to late game.
- Whether as an individual or a team, you should avoid taking unfavorable fights.