End of Season Rewards
If you play a ton of ranked Summoner’s Rift games in LoL, and you reach gold rank by the end of the season, you will be able to amass a Victorious skin, however it’s worth noting that you can only claim 1 skin a year using this method.
Rewards are given out to LoL players at the end of every season on a set date and time and depend on the ranks that the player has accumulated by playing in a particular season of LoL. You will need to reach at least Honor Level 2 in order to unlock the end-of-season rewards for the Clash and Summoner’s Rift games, respectively. You can increase your honor level by having teammates give you “honor” awards.
For instance, in the end of the 2020 season, Riot awarded LoL players that have Honor Level 3 and up with an End of Season Capsule – random ward skin, 3 key shards (6 key shards if you are Honor 5), and a random emote permanent (if you are Honor 4 and above).
Uploading Your Own Custom Skins into LoL
You can use custom skins in LoL using various tools which can be found through a quick research online. One example of such a tool that can be used is Fantome, which can be found at https://github.com/LoL-Fantome/Fantome for example.
A limitation worth pointing out is that while using your custom made skins playing online, other players near you won’t be able to see your custom skins load in on their end and likely just see you as a default skin, however, if you are okay with this then this is a great option for you to consider.
Completing Online Tasks for Free LoL Skins
A lot of the methods previously discussed require spending a lot of time and effort in LoL in order to receive free LoL skins without having to spend real-life money for Riot points, however, the inception of GPT (Get-Paid-To) sites would enable another excellent way to earn free skins towards LoL. These sites work by partnering with many offerwall and market research companies to serve their users with the best, easy-to-complete offers possible. With the people being able to complete offers, they are able to earn points of some sort, which can be redeemed for League of Legends cards.
The earning process essentially goes as follows:
- Complete various app offers and surveys for points/coins
- Redeem the points/coins for League of Legends cards or another option of your choice
- Receive the code and apply it to your account for Riot points
- Buy any skin of your liking with your new Riot points
Some notable sites that allow you to complete various tasks for free Riot Points/LoL Cards include Swagbucks, RewardXP and Freeskins.com – all of which allow you to earn at a reasonable rate, however, we would recommend Freeskins.com over other comparable sites for the following reasons:
- The offer payouts on Freeskins are very sizeable, with unlimited survey completions paying out at $0.80 versus other sites, as well as many offers paying out in the thousands of coins (1000 coins = $1)
- The offers are very straightforward and easy to complete
- Excellent leaderboard bonuses incentivize earning against other users on the site
- The redemption process is very rapid – your redemption arrives within a matter of minutes, versus having to wait hours – even days on other sites
- A support staff comprised of human individuals is ready to help you at any time, 24/7
- It’s easy to navigate and sign up for
With Freeskins wielding many advantages over comparable GPT sites that lack many of these perks, it makes sense to give it a solid recommendation to anyone who is looking to complete offers and earn money towards LoL cards/Riot Points as easily as possible. You will enjoy the intuitive earning experience on the site, and it is easy to get help whenever you need it thanks to human support staff.
A common issue that users face with completing offers on any site, in general, is not being able to qualify for a few of the offers on the site. Although it may feel a bit discouraging when a survey disqualifies you and does not payout, this will not last forever as you will very soon fall under the target audience a survey may be looking for and therefore get paid successfully – which means ultimately getting that League of Legends voucher to use towards a skin of your liking. Getting disqualified from offers will not affect your ability to earn coins on the site.
Using Skin Shards
Accumulating and using Skin Shards is another solid way of getting free LoL skins in 2021. Below are the steps you can take to utilize Skin shards in order to get some skins out of them without grinding for prestige points for prestige skins or spending a dime on a riot point.
You Will Need:
- Hextech Chests and Keys – these can be accumulated as you play LoL over time
- Orange Essence – you can gather Orange Essence by disenchanting some of your skin shards, or opening Hextech chests (opening chests does not fully guarantee you will get Orange Essence, but rather a possibility of getting them)
To Craft Your Skin Shards into Skins:
- Open your Hextech Chests to accumulate skin shards
- Acquire Orange Essence by disenchanting your skin shards or opening your chests
- Within the Crafting menu, pay orange essence to convert your skin shards into a skin permanent
Alternatively, you can re-roll your skin shards, which does not need Orange Essence but will require you to give up 3 of your skin shards, and then re-roll them into a random skin. Re-rolling is worth a shot since there is a possibility you can end up with a skin that can be very rare to find.
Participating in LoL Tournaments with Prizes
Many people, particularly streamers on platforms such as Twitch and so forth like to host tournaments for LoL, which you can enter for free. Taking advantage of these events would be a good idea since you have a good chance of winning a skin from them, especially if you are a skilled LoL player.
You can find many streamers that organize these tournaments on the following platforms, and you can participate in them, regardless of whether or not you’re a pro:
- YouTube Gaming
- Facebook Gaming
You can also enter tournaments through these sites, however, prized tournaments that have no entry fees are pretty hard to find:
- Challenger Mode
It’s also worth mentioning that winning any tournament organized by these sites for the first time will get you the Triumphant Ryze skin – so be sure to communicate with the organizers of the tournaments to see whether or not you can get a code for Triumphant Ryze by winning their tournament.
If all is said and done, and you successfully win a tournament, you should receive a code for Triumphant Ryze which you can redeem through your LoL profile.
Participating in LoL Giveaways
There are a wide variety of sites out there that host giveaways which you can take part in at no cost. They offer Riot Points codes, Free skins or free accounts. Click on the following link, if you want to know where to find the best places for giveaways in League Of Legends.
Using the Refer-A-Friend Program
By inviting a certain number of people onto League of Legends, and having them reach level 10, you will be able to score some free skins.
Inviting 3 players and having them reach level 10 would get you the Grey Warwick skin, and inviting 5 players that can reach level 10 will yield you the Medieval Twitch skin.
Following the League of Legends Social Accounts.
Although this doesn’t happen too often, Riot Games from time to time likes to run some promotions on their social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and so forth. By liking, following, and subscribing to their social media channels, you can always stay up to date with any promotions Riot may be running for LoL, and score yourself a free LoL skin in 2021. We didn’t mention twitch prime as it’s unclear what exact skin you can get there. However, it might be a good method as well.
You can follow League of Legends through their various social media handles as listed:
Subscribing to the Riot Games YouTube channel will allow you to receive the Unchained Alistar skin, however, you will need to create a support ticket with League of Legends to receive the skin, since the promotional link seems to have broken, however with this method you will still be able to get the skin.
To unlock the Unchained Alistar YouTube skin:
- Navigate to the League of Legends support page, then choose “I’m having technical issues”
- Make sure to describe in detail that you are having issues with using the link to redeem Unchained Alistar as it takes you to a blank page, and that you are subscribed to the Riot Games YouTube channel however you are unsure as to how to get the skin normally. Tell them to refer to the attached screenshots, and provide your summoner name.
- Provide screenshot proof that you are subscribed to the Riot Games YouTube channel, as well as the link to claim the skin being blank
- Press “submit”
- Within a few minutes, a support team member should respond to you with your Unchained Alistar skin
Following the LoL Twitter handle gets you the Dreadknight Garen skin. This can be done through the following link, which allows you to follow Twitter and get Dreadknight Garen as a result: https://woobox.com/scrx56
Liking League of Legends on Facebook will get you the Riot Girl Tristana skin. You can do so by clicking this link and following the instructions to like the Facebook page and claim your skin: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/facebook
No skins have been given through their Instagram handle yet, however it’s still worth following them in case they run a promotion on there.
Once you have subscribed to their social media channels and claimed the free skins, it’s a matter of waiting for them to run a new promotion, which will likely include a free skin that’s being given away by League of Legends.
There are currently many great ways to get free LoL skins like champion skins in 2021, both within and outside of the game. Getting skins by progressing within the game is possible, however, it can be a strenuous and time-consuming task. However, nowadays, getting free LoL skins in 2021 has gotten much easier, thanks to the rise of GPT (Get-Paid-To) sites like Freeskins.com, which allow you to get free League of Legends gift cards to use towards skins, just by completing easy offers and surveys.