Diamond 1 | Rocket League Ranks | MMR & is it good?
Find out everything You need to know about the Diamond 1 rank in Rocket League (MMR & is Diamond 1 good?)
What is Diamond I in Rocket League?
Diamond I is the first of the diamond ranking placements within Rocket League located between Platinum 3 and Diamond 2. This rank is where less mistakes happen, players begin to turn on the style and if you aren’t switched on, you will be punished by players who know the game inside out and will pounce on any opportunity. That being said, these players still make a few mistakes and a lot of the players in this rank have weak points in their game. So if you are perceptive, you can use these to your advantage.
What is The MMR For Diamond I
To become a Diamond I player in Rocket League your MMR needs to be approximately between 835-900 MMR depending on the game mode you play in matchmaking. Below you can find the range of Diamond I players and their various MMR rankings depending on which game mode they are playing:
Diamond I is divided into four divisions and makes up about 6.36% of all Rocket League players.
Is Diamond I a Good rank?
We would say that Diamond I is where you begin to encounter players that are genuinely good players. Including the ranks below, this makes Diamond I players rank in the top 17,20% of all ranked players. A lot of these players will be particularly good at certain aspects of the game, whereas some players will be decent in all areas with no glaring flaws in their playstyle. However, either way, any player you encounter within this rank has the potential to leave you on the wrong end of a heavy defeat, so be on your toes and rise to the challenge.
How Many Hours to Achieve Diamond I?
Diamond is a tough nut to crack and only players that have mastered all the basics and most of the intermediate skills within the game will be able to compete at this level. Plus, these players will need to have good game sense and tactical acumen. No rookie could ever survive at this level. So we reckon you would need to put in about 500 hours of game time to break into diamond I.
How to Improve from Diamond I
Here are a number of things that players can do to rank up and improve in Rocket League when ranked in Diamond I:
- Focus on being an all-rounder. Players in this rank have a tendency to specialise in one particular niche like aerial dribbles or flip resets. However, those that are competent in all areas rather than excellent at just a few will soar through the ranks faster.
- Play workshop maps and custom training packs to learn and hone specific skills. Even fifteen minutes of training before every session will improve your skill level drastically over time.
- Up your playtime. Only serious players make it out of Diamond ranks, so if you want to be a major player, you’ll have to dedicate at least a few hours a day to this.
- Use your brain. Try to assess the game and anticipate rather than react. You’ll need to learn how to position yourself correctly and play more complex shots/passes to outwit your opponent.
- Don’t let the trash talk get to you. In this rank and all those higher, the stakes are high. So players will get emotional. However, just stick to your game plan and have fun.
Click here for the top tips and tricks in rocket league.
We know it doesn't make you better, but a good-looking car design just feels better while grinding ranks. For that reason we recommend you check out RL.Exchange. We even have a promo code for RL.Exchange.