Diamond 2 | Rocket League Ranks | MMR & is it good?
Ranking System, Rocket League Ranks, MMR, ELO, Skill
What is Diamond II in Rocket League?
Diamond II is the middle diamond ranking within rocket league between Diamond 1 and Diamond 3. This Rocket League rank is filled with players who are comfortable when playing Rocket League. Movement along the ground is second nature and aside from a few mistimed balls, the story is very much the same in the air. Players are skilled in all areas of the pitch, however, a lot of players will have a preference which can be seen as a weakness to exploit. Players in this rank will also be good playmakers and strong communicators.
What is The MMR For Diamond II?
To become a Diamond II player in Rocket League your MMR needs to be approximately between 915-980 MMR depending on the game mode you play in matchmaking. Below you can find the range of Diamond II players and their various MMR rankings depending on which game mode they are playing:
|1V1||875 - 923|
|2V2||915 - 980|
|3V3||915 - 980|
Diamond II is divided into four divisions and makes up about 6.36% of all Rocket League players.
Is Diamond II a Good rank?
Diamond II is a good rank. It’s not great, nor is it anywhere near the lofty heights of the pro players respective ranks. However, it is a rank that takes skill and dedication to achieve. Including the ranks below, this makes Diamond I players rank in the top 81.88% of all ranked players. It represents a player that has a wide skill set within the game, can play all roles on the field successfully and can handle themselves in most match situations. So yes, Diamond II is a good rank, but you still have quite a ways to go before reaching the great gamers who play this title.
How Many Hours to Achieve Diamond II?
To become a firmly established diamond ranked player, you will need to cut out a lot of mistakes from your game. All the while still playing aggressively, taking the game to the opposition and making attempts to carve out advanced plays. This is not something that happens overnight and players need to be dedicated to the cause, which is why we suggest that you will need to play a minimum of 800-1000 hours to achieve this rank.
How to Improve from Diamond II
Here are a number of things that players can do to rank up and improve their rl game when ranked in Diamond II:
- Focus on being an all-rounder. Players in this rank have a tendency to specialise in one particular niche like aerial dribbles or flip resets. However, those that are competent in all areas rather than excellent at just a few will soar through the ranks faster.
- Play workshop maps and custom training packs to learn and hone specific skills. Even fifteen minutes of training before every session will improve your skill level drastically over time.
- Up your playtime. Only serious players make it out of Diamond ranks, so if you want to be a major player, you’ll have to dedicate at least a few hours a day to this.
- Use your brain. Try to assess the game and anticipate rather than react. You’ll need to learn how to position yourself correctly and play more complex shots/passes to outwit your opponent.
- Don’t let the trash talk get to you. In this rank and all those higher, the stakes are high. So players will get emotional. However, just stick to your game plan and have fun.
Click here for the best tips in rocket league.
We know it doesn't make you better, but a good-looking car design just feels better while grinding ranks. For that reason we recommend you check out RL.Exchange. We even have a promo code for RL.Exchange.