Gold 1 | Rocket League Ranks | MMR & is it good?
Find out everything You need to know about the Gold 1 rank in Rocket League (MMR & is Gold 1 good?)
What is Gold I in Rocket League?
Gold one is the first of the gold rankings within Rocket League situated between Silver 3 and Gold 2. Gold is where the vast majority of first-time players are ranked and this is where you begin to see players pop up that have tactical awareness, the ability to play football off the ground and can reliably position themselves to avoid mistakes. Mistakes are still present but as you rise through ranks from here on out, you will realise that less and less occur.
What is The MMR For Gold 1?
To become a gold 1 ranked player in Rocket League your MMR needs to be approximately between 469-523 MMR depending on the game mode you play in matchmaking. Below you can find the range of gold I players and their various MMR rankings depending on which game mode they are playing:
Gold I is divided into four divisions and makes up about 5.28% of all Rocket League players.
Is Gold I a Good rank?
Including the ranks below, Gold 1 players rank in the top 83,54% of all ranked players in Rocket League. We would say that if you rank in the Gold I category, you are on the cusp of being regarded as a mediocre player. No longer bad or a liability, but still a patchy and inconsistent player. You will occasionally see very technically gifted players in the gold ranks and the reason for this is their inability to play consistently, do the basics or be a team player. It’s about being an all rounder and knowing when to be a supporting player. So in short, this isn’t a good rank, but it's close to being an average one.
How Many Hours to Achieve Gold I?
We would still say that a vast number of players will still achieve this accolade naturally, especially if they have played a handful of games before entering a ranked setting. However, the players at this level do have the potential to outclass players who simply do the basics well. So to be able to pull out some intermediate tricks, we would say about 20-60 hours of time spent would do the trick.
How to Improve from Gold I
Here are a number of things that players can do to rank up in Rocket League and improve their game when ranked in Gold I:
- Rotation is key. This is when rotation will make the difference between hitting Platinum and staying in gold. Try to be in the right place at the right time
- Don’t be scared to aerial. This is the rank where players will attempt to dominate in the air, so be there first and dictate the play.
- Read the direction of the ball. Don’t chase it and don’t fly in trying to hit shots that won't end in a goal. Take a step back and bide your time.
- Watch your replays, this is a good time to start analysing your errors and understanding how to approach the same situation if it arises again.
- Pick the body type that works best for you, these small changes could unlock your Potential.
- Be sure to utilize training and workshops to practice intermediate moves.
- Play all game modes to get a better understanding of the game.
Click here for more valuable rocket league tips.
We know it doesn't make you better, but a gorgeous car design just feels better while grinding ranks. For that reason we recommend you check out RL.Exchange. We even have a coupon code for RL.Exchange.