Rocket League Gold II
What is Gold II in Rocket League?
Gold II is the middle gold ranking in Rocket League. This is a rank that separates the noobs from the average players. It is rare to see a player that has no idea what they are doing in this placement. Most players will be tactically aware and be able to do the basics naturally. However, a lot of players will make mistakes, players will struggle to play with any level of consistency as they have not fully mastered the mechanics. Plus, a lot of players will not be confident enough to do more intermediate moves and plays.
What is The MMR For Gold 2?
To become a Gold II player in Rocket League your MMR needs to be approximately between 530-585 MMR depending on the game mode you play in matchmaking. Below you can find the range of Gold II players and their various MMR rankings depending on which game mode they are playing:
Gold II is divided into four divisions and makes up about 3.87% of all Rocket League players.
Is Gold II a Good rank?
We would say that gold II is the rank before what we would call average. So if you simply want to play for fun, play against players that understand the game and don’t take things too seriously, then this is probably where you want to be. Including the ranks below, this makes Gold 2 players rank in the top 73,89% of all ranked players. It’s a respectable rank but within the context of someone who aims to be the best of the best, this is still considered quite a low ranking. There are plenty of ranks above this to explore. So if you want to play with truly excellent players, you will need to strive to be better.
How Many Hours to Achieve Gold II?
We would say that players will need to have a decent knowledge of Rocket League basics, a rudimentary knowledge of tactics and strategies used in consistently successful teams and will need to be able to at least defend against players that can perform more advanced moves, even if the player cannot perform any themselves. To do all of this, we reckon that a player will need to play for around 45-70 hours.
How to Improve from Gold II
Here are a number of things that players can do to rise up the ranks and improve their game when ranked in Gold II:
- Rotation is key. This is when rotation will make the difference between hitting Platinum and staying in gold. Try to be in the right place at the right time
- Don’t be scared to aerial. This is the rank where players will attempt to dominate in the air, so be there first and dictate the play.
- Read the direction of the ball. Don’t chase it and don’t fly in trying to hit shots that won't end in a goal. Take a step back and bide your time.
- Watch your replays, this is a good time to start analysing your errors and understanding how to approach the same situation if it arises again.
- Pick the body type that works best for you, these small changes could unlock your Potential.
- Be sure to utilize training and workshops to practice intermediate moves.
- Play all game modes to get a better understanding of the game.