Grand Champion 3 | Rocket League Ranks | MMR & is it good?
What is Grand Champion III in Rocket League?
Grand Champion III is the second highest ranking that you can achieve in Rocket League and the highest Grand Champion placement ranking within the game located between Grand Champion 2 and Supersonic Legend. Players within this rank are just shy of the absolute kings and queens of this game. They have all the ability to push on and become pro players in their own right and the only things that will stop players from doing that at this level are poorly formed strategies, a lack of consistency or a team that isn’t cohesive.
What is The MMR For Grand Champion III?
To become a Grand Champion III player in Rocket League your MMR needs to be approximately between 1715 – 1859 MMR depending on the game mode you play in matchmaking. Below you can find the range of Champion III players and their various MMR rankings depending on which game mode they are playing:
|1V1||1287 - 1345|
|2V2||1715 - 1860|
|3V3||1709 - 1860|
Is Grand Champion III a Good rank?
It’s just one of the best ranks that one can achieve in Rocket League, so yes, it’s a pretty big deal. Grand Champion III is divided into four divisions and makes up about 0.03% of all Rocket League players. Including the ranks below, this makes Grand Champion I players rank in the top 0,03% of all ranked players. Players in this rank are capable of mixing with the pro players in the rank above. They may not have the same level of skill, creativity or consistency but on any given day, they could get a result from one of the pros on the RLCS circuit. These players have the potential to make a living through Rocket League and if you can do that in any Esports related game, you must be doing something right. However, to get the big bucks, you’ll need to push for Supersonic Legend.
How Many Hours to Achieve Grand Champion III?
To be within touching distance of the pro players and most talented stars to ever grace Rocket League, you need to live and breathe Rocket League. While you may sneak into the lower levels of GC with a couple hundred hours under your belt, we would say that this is a step above and will require that you dedicate your life to being the best in Rocket League. We would say that upwards of 3000 hours would not be too much of a stretch if you want to be part of this exclusive band of players.
How to Improve from Grand Champion III
Here are tips on how to rank up in Rocket League when ranked in Grand Champion III:
- Games at this level become games of very speedy chess. Not only must you be mechanically perfect. You need to read the game and know how to outsmart your opponent, so have a strategy before the game even begins and adapt as needed.
- Only play with players that you truly trust. You need to commit to your strategies and trust that your team will be in place to commit that plan to action and vice versa. So pick your team carefully.
- While this sounds harsh, you cannot make mistakes anymore as you will be punished almost every time. So understand how to play every role and when put into tricky positions, understand how to play your way out of them without causing detriment to your side.
- You need to flawlessly rotate. The pace of the game at this level is blistering. So you need to communicate and know where you need to be at all times. Being reactive rather than proactive will result in a heavy loss almost every time.
- Take risks and be creative. At this level, if you are being conservative and not thinking of new ways to destroy your opposition, you might as well give them the win before you start.
Click here for more tips and tricks in rocket league.
We know it doesn't make you better, but a good car design just feels better while grinding ranks. For that reason we recommend you check out RL.Exchange. We even have an exclusive discount code for RL.Exchange.