How to make Rocket League Fullscreen
There are a few things you can do to make Rocket League fullscreen.
Occasionally, the game might glitch out and turn into windowed mode. In rare cases, this might even prevent you from going back into the game. In this article, we will review how to make Rocket League fullscreen and resolve this issue.
Making Rocket League fullscreen through Steam
Although you can no longer get Rocket League on Steam, you can still play it if you haven’t removed it from the library. Here is a step-by-step guide that will allow you to turn Rocket League fullscreen in Steam:
- Start the Steam platform
- Go to the library tab and click on it
- There should be Rocket League to your left; click on it
- Go to Properties
- General tab should be your default tab
- Select the Set Launch Options
- Here, you should type –fullscreen in the box
- The next time you open the game, Rocket League will start in fullscreen
This is a simple method that works for all the Steam games.
Making Rocket League 2 fullscreen in the game itself
You can also access the game settings within Rocket League and change your resolution and window size there. Here is how to do it:
- Start the game
- There will be Options tab to the left. Go ahead and click on it
- Alternatively, you can access Options through Practice mode
- Go to Video section
- On the top left, you will notice Window Settings. Here are three things you can change: Resolution, Display Mode, Vertical Sync
- Set up Resolution to Fullscreen and click Apply
- Next time you get into the game, it will start in fullscreen
Restoring default video settings from the desktop
In certain cases, you might not be able to access the game due to resolution. If this happens, you can restore the default settings and access it normally. Keep in mind that Rocket League has default fullscreen mode. Here is the step-by-step process:
- Go to File Explorer
- Open the Documents folder
- Open My Games
- Find Rocket League
- Open TAGame
- Open Config file
- Right click on TASystemSettings
- Select Delete
This should restore everything to default, including resolution and Window mode. So, if you had any issues, this should resolve them.
Press Alt + Enter
One of the options you have at your disposal is to turn Rocket League fullscreen by pressing Alt + Enter.
By using this function, the screen will go from windowed to fullscreen. It is only available in console window mode, and it is only for x86 computers.