Platinum 2 | Rocket League Ranks | MMR & is it good?
Find out everything You need to know about the Platinum 2 rank in Rocket League (MMR & is Platinum 2 good?)
What is Platinum II in Rocket League?
Platinum II is the middle platinum ranking placement within Rocket League located between Platinum 1 and Platinum 3. This rank is one that contains players who are masters of the basics and striving to learn the more advanced aspects of the game. A lot more of the game is played in the air, players are much more tactically astute, players communicate better and while a lot more mistakes are made due to the amount of risks being taken, very few players will mess up simple clearances or tap-ins for example.
What is The MMR For Platinum II
To become a Platinum II player in Rocket League your MMR needs to be approximately between 709-765 MMR depending on the game mode you play in matchmaking. Below you can find the range of Platinum II players and their various MMR rankings depending on which game mode they are playing:
Platinum II is divided into four divisions and makes up about 8.65% of all Rocket League players.
Is Platinum II a Good rank?
Platinum II is a decent rank. Including the ranks below, this makes Silver I players rank in the top 36,71% of all ranked players. It is filled with players that can do the basics, some of the more advanced skills and have the ability to put together some excellent performances. However, they still haven’t mastered the more difficult mechanics of the game, they still make mistakes on the regular due to this and there are still major inconsistencies in their playstyle. However, it is a respectable rank to hold.
How Many Hours to Achieve Platinum II?
We would reiterate what we said about the first platinum rank. Players will have to be what we would call intermediate players to compete at this level. This means tactical knowledge, mechanical competence and strong commitment and communication. So we would say anywhere between 150-200 hours of game time will get you to this rank.
How to Improve from Platinum II
Here are a number of things that players can do to improve their rank in Rocket League when ranked in Platinum II:
- Be dedicated to improving. While some players in this rank may be technically better than you to begin with, out working your competition will see you soar past them.
- Practice aerials and frequently try to use this training in match scenarios. Learning and perfecting aerials now will lead to better results at higher ranks.
- Focus on being more of a playmaker than just a defender or a goalscorer. Play passes off the back wall, play diagonal balls and generally just be more aware of your teammates position.
- Rotation is a must at this level if you want to succeed. So watch training tutorials or learn from more skilled players how to rotate properly
- Consider adding a mic to your setup or playing with a friend who you work well with. Effective communication at this level is a sure fire way to put together consistent wins
Click here for the top tips in rocket league.
We know it doesn't make you better, but a nice-looking car design just feels better while grinding ranks. For that reason we recommend you check out RL.Exchange. We even have a referral code for RL.Exchange.