Platinum 3 | Rocket League Ranks | MMR & is it good?
Find out everything You need to know about the Platinum 3 rank in Rocket League (MMR & is Platinum 3 good?)
What is Platinum III in Rocket League?
Platinum III is the top platinum ranking placement in Rocket League located between Platinum 2 and Diamond 1. This rank is filled with players that have pushed through the difficult ranks below and have came out the other end as a certified intermediate player pushing for the Diamond ranks. These players will be able to perform aerials and wall shots consistently, will be tactically sound players, decent playmakers, be able to competently play all positions on the pitch and these players will also have decent game sense with things like boost management coming into play. These players are on the verge of becoming good Rocket League players.
What is The MMR For Platinum III
To become a Platinum III player in Rocket League your MMR needs to be approximately between 770-825 MMR depending on the game mode you play in matchmaking. Below you can find the range of Platinum III players and their various MMR rankings depending on which game mode they are playing:
Platinum III is divided into four divisions and makes up about 6.15% of all Rocket League players.
Is Platinum III a Good rank?
We would say that Platinum III is right on the cusp. Including the RL ranks below, this makes Silver I players rank in the top 25,73% of all ranked players. Players who occupy this rank have all the skills needed to be considered a good player. However, they perhaps still lack one or two components that would see them rise into the Diamond ranks. Which is where we would say that players begin defining themselves as good players rather than promising or average players. Platinum is by no means a bad rank to have and takes some dedication to achieve and therefore deserves some respect. However, there is still a little bit to go before you are a good player in our eyes.
How Many Hours to Achieve Platinum III?
To become a certified intermediate player capable of playing football off the ground, communicating effectively, playing all roles on the field well and having the game sense to achieve consistent wins at this rank. We believe that it will take the player anywhere between 200-400 hours of game time to achieve the Platinum III ranking.
How to Improve from Platinum III
Here are a number of things that players can do to rise up the ranks and improve their game when ranked in Platinum III:
- Be dedicated to improving. While some players in this rank may be technically better than you to begin with, out working your competition will see you soar past them.
- Practice aerials and frequently try to use this training in match scenarios. Learning and perfecting aerials now will lead to better results at higher ranks.
- Focus on being more of a playmaker than just a defender or a goalscorer. Play passes off the back wall, play diagonal balls and generally just be more aware of your teammates position.
- Rotation is a must at this level if you want to succeed. So watch training tutorials or learn from more skilled players how to rotate properly
- Consider adding a mic to your setup or playing with a friend who you work well with. Effective communication at this level is a sure fire way to put together consistent wins.
Click here for the top tricks in rocket league.
We know it doesn't make you better, but a nice-looking car design just feels better while grinding ranks. For that reason we recommend you check out RL.Exchange. We even have a referral code for RL.Exchange.