How to check your Float in CSGO
Checking float values in CS:GO is not that hard, and there are more than a few methods that we will discuss in this article.
For CS:GO players and traders, float values are a fact of life when you’re dealing with weapon skins. They determine the quality of the custom skin in question and how much it can fetch on the open market. Let’s talk a little bit about them today!
How to Check Float Values in CS:GO for Skins In-Game
This is a simple method to check the value of the skins you already own but not those on the marketplace.
- You will need to launch CS:GO as the first step.
- Then proceed to your inventory.
- Once in your inventory, find the skin you want to value and inspect it.
- A certificate should be on the bottom-right side of the screen that will give you that particular skin’s rating.
- The wear rating displayed here is the skin’s float value.
How to Check Float Values in CS:GO for Skins on the Marketplace
To check the float value for skins on the marketplace, you will probably need to use a third-party service. Here’s how to do that:
- First, you will have to find the skin that you want to value on the Steam marketplace.
- Once you have located it, click on a listing that interests you.
- Now you will want to right-click and choose “Inspect in Game” then “Copy link address.” This link address is what the third-party website will use to find the item’s float value.
- Paste this link in the area requested by the third-party website, and the item’s information will show the float value for the skin.
Steam Marketplace & a Browser Extension
An awesomely powerful tool for checking float values and other information about skins in CS:GO is to use a Chrome browser extension like Steam Inventory Helper.
- To use this, download the extension, and activate it on your Chrome browser.
- Locate the inventory containing the item you want to inspect, then check it out as if it were your own.
What Do All of These Numbers Mean?
Ranging from 0 to 1, with the lower number being the best and the upper the worst, CS:GO skins are rated along a gradient between these two that determines their quality and maximum value.
These numbers are also assigned descriptive identifiers to help better describe them from a condition and valuation standpoint.
These identifiers are:
So, as you can see, "skin qualities" actually say more about the weapon than you may think. While we’re at skins and qualities, be sure to check out these listings: