How to easily uninstall, delete and deactivate EVE Online
Find out how you can uninstall, delete and deactivate EVE Online!
Eve Online, the most massive online game in the space RTS/RPG niche, which has a huge base of fans. However, the game could get a bit slow and boring for an average player. Naturally, you can enhance your gameplay by finding an excellent corporation to explore the unknown (wormhole space, nullsec sectors), fight and trade together. But if that's not enough, then this guide on how to uninstall EVE Online and how to delete EVE Online account might come in handy.
How to remove EVE Online using the Apps and Features page on the Windows operating system
This is the easiest method to completely uninstall EVE Online because you don't have to start any third-party uninstaller or log in to one of your gaming accounts. This removes EVE Online for all users, the registry keys, and the installation folder with all the files from your Program Files and your Windows system. When you reinstall EVE Online, it will be a completely fresh installation.
- Click on the Start menu (or press the Windows button on the keyboard).
- Click on the gearwheel icon, which takes you to the Settings (Control Panel) window.
- Select the Apps menu
- Use the search bar to find EVE Online on the list of installed programs.
- Click on the Uninstall button to altogether remove the program.
How to uninstall EVE Online on PC using the Steam launcher
- Open the Steam Launcher on your PC.
- Go to the Steam Library page.
- Find EVE Online on the list and right-click on it.
- In the pop-up menu, select "Manage."
- In the following menu, select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and Steam does its job.
You can check the game library at Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and delete any remaining files after removing EVE Online.
How to uninstall EVE Online on Windows PC using Epic Games Launcher
Epic Games also has EVE Online in its store, and you can play it for free. Nonetheless, these easy steps can help remove the installed game from your hard drive if you get bored of the game.
- Open Epic Games Launcher.
- Visit the Library.
- Select EVE Online from the list, click on the “…” button, and select Uninstall.
After the uninstallation, you may have to check the install directory for any files left behind to uninstall the game completely.
How to cancel EVE Online subscription
EVE Online has a premium account feature called Omega Clone State. Every player starts as an Alpha, but if you upgrade, you gain access to exclusive daily gifts, more skills, more ships, and practically the whole universe. Two ways to activate this state are to buy PLEX and use it for Omega or pay for a recurring subscription. You have to follow these steps for the cancel subscription option.
- Open a browser and visit the official EVE Online website.
- Log in with your preferred method (email, Steam, Epic Games, or Facebook).
- Click on your username in the upper right corner and select Account Info.
- Under the Subscription and Payments option, you can find your subscription info.
- Click on the Cancel Subscription option.
- On the next page, you can tell why you're canceling, and after clicking the Cancel Subscription button, you are good to go.
Your Omega state will remain active until the end of the actual billing cycle.
How to delete your EVE Online character
In Eve Online, you can have three characters. If you are not satisfied, you can delete one of them, although you will lose everything that character had. So tread carefully when following the steps above.
- Launch the game using your preferred launcher.
- When on the character selection screen, move your mouse to the one you want to delete.
- There is a small X at the upper right corner of the character's info card, which says "Terminate".
- Click on the X, and you have to confirm your choice.
It takes a few hours to permanently delete a character. During that time, you can reverse the process.
How to delete your EVE online account
It's hard to think about a good reason why you would delete a good EVE Online account, but if you feel you are up to it, then the steps in this section will prove helpful.
- Open your email account, preferably one associated with your EVE Online account
- Start a new mail because only the support team can delete account data.
- The recipient is [email protected], and the subject should be: Account Deletion Request.
- In the email, tell the team that you want to delete your EVE Online account and provide them with information to help identify your account.
- It may take some time, but eventually, the CCP Games team will probably delete your EVE Online Account.
If you want to delete your EVE Online account to avoid recurring billing, we strongly recommend simply canceling your subscription. Deleting all your progress and invested time is a tough choice, one that a user should consider twice. Fortunately, EVE Online evolves even now, and it seems to be staying around for a few more years, and you can never know when you will want to jump back in. As you can see, removing EVE Online isn't as easy as uninstalling Hearthstone or other Blizzard games.