How to easily uninstall, delete and deactivate New World
The fantastic graphics of New World, the story, and the great group activities make this game fun. But, sometimes, a player needs the storage for other games, so deleting the New World game files might become necessary. In this guide, we will show you how you can do it.
How to delete New World game files using Windows Apps and Features menu
This is the easiest method for uninstalling the New World game without opening Steam. When you follow the on screen instructions, you will see that it takes only a few minutes to uninstall New World completely.
- Click on the Start menu (or press the Windows button on the keyboard).
- Click on the gearwheel icon, which takes you to the Settings (Control Panel) window.
- Select the Apps menu
- Use the search bar to find New World on the list of installed programs.
- Click on the Uninstall button to start uninstalling the program for all other users.
How to uninstall New World using Steam
Currently, it seems you can't play New World without Steam, so it's only natural that you may choose the easiest way to remove the game: using Steam Launcher. If you play games a lot, you probably know how it's done, but here are the steps for you:
- Open the Steam Launcher on your PC.
- Go to the Library page.
- Find New World on the list and right-click on it.
- In the pop-up menu, select "Manage."
- In the following menu, select Uninstall.
- Confirm your choice, and Steam does its job.
- You can check the game library at Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and delete any remaining files after removing New World.
How to Delete a New World character in the game
You may find yourself unsatisfied with your New World character's looks and skills, or you need the slot for a new one to try out. In this case, you can quickly delete your existing toon. Here are the steps to delete your New World Character in the game menu:
- Launch New World, and wait for the game to load.
- On the character selection screen, click on the small three dots left right to the name. (This is the character options menu).
- In the small pop-up menu, you'll see the Delete Character button. Click on that.
- Verify your choice by typing in the character name, and confirm your intention to delete your New World character.
Because New World is not a free-to-play MMO, and you have to use it through Steam, it's not possible to permanently delete the game from your library. Also, since there is no such thing as a separate New World account, you don't need to close or cancel that either.
However, since we have GDPR and other privacy-related laws enacted throughout the world, you can ask Amazon to delete your information totally. There is no formula for this, so you should check out the laws and rules in your country to find something to refer to when writing the email to the company. In most cases, Amazon honors such requests.
As you can see, removing New World is just as easy as uninstalling World of Warcraft because there is only one launcher to use and no separate account for the game.