How to easily uninstall and delete Elden Ring
Find out how you can uninstall Elden Ring on any device!
On of the most anticipated game of Bandai Namco, when Elden Ring finally arrived, and it came big time. As a kind-of brother of the Dark Souls series, the unforgiving system and the great lands of the Lands Between made this game a unique experience. The story is quite good with George R. R. Martin helping out, and the six different endings may keep you from uninstalling this game. But, if you do, we’ve got you covered in our guide!
How to remove Elden Ring using the Control Panel on Windows operating system
This is the easiest method to completely uninstall Elden Ring game because you don’t have to start any third-party uninstaller or log in to your Steam account. This removes Elden Ring for all users, and it also removes the registry key and the game folder from your device. When you reinstall Elden Ring, it will be a completely fresh installation.
- Click on the Start menu (or press the Windows button on the keyboard).
- Click on the Settings (gearwheel icon).
- Select the Apps menu
- Use the search bar to find Elden Ring game on the list of installed programs.
- Click on Uninstall.
How to uninstall Elden Ring on PC using Steam launcher,
Fortunately, deleting the game is just as easy as installing it, while the good news is that to reinstall Elden Ring, the same steps have to be followed as when you installed it.
- Open the Steam Launcher on your PC.
- Go to the Library page.
- Find Elden Ring on the list and right-click on it.
- In the pop-up menu, select “Manage.”
- In the following menu, select Uninstall.
- Confirm your choice, and Steam does its job.
- You can check the local files at Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and delete any remaining files after removing the game.
- You can’t delete purchased games from your library. Only hide them.
How to delete Elden Ring data from your PC
Elden Ring uses local and cloud save data, and you can find the local saves to delete, thus completely removing any progress you’ve made. For this step to work, you’ll have to enable your system to show hidden and system files too. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open File Explorer
- Click on “This PC” on the left bar.
- Then find the Users folder
- Select your username and click on it.
- Click on the AppData folder
- Enter the Roaming Folder.
- Select Elden Ring.
- You’ll see a subfolder with your Steam account number, click on that, and your game files will be located there.
- Any file with a .sl2 extension is an Elden Ring save game, select and delete them.
This method can help you completely uninstall Elden Ring from your computer hard drive, and knowing where to find your saves is helpful for another reason: this way you have the chance to properly backup your saves if you plan to continue it later. As you can see, these steps are quite straightforward, and it’s not the hardest thing to find the game files and delete them. However, always proceed with caution, because this action is irreversible. Deleting Elden Ring seems to be just as easy as we described how to uninstall Apex Legends in our guide. The solutions listed above are easy, fast, and thorough methods.