How do you Log Out of a Rocket League Account? [Easy]
If you have two accounts for Rocket League, you'll need to log out of one to sign in to the other. While this is relatively simple, unlinking your accounts isn't too clear. Epic Games also lets players link all their Rocket League accounts to the same Epic Games account. However, if you don't want to do this then it's still possible to swap between accounts by logging out.
If you own Rocket League on Steam then the game is attached to your Steam account. The game is no longer available to buy on Steam so you can't make new accounts anymore but you can swap to other existing accounts.
- If you're logged into Steam, go to the top left menu and click Steam
- Go to Change Account and click Log Out
- Log back into Steam using the account attached to the Rocket League account you want to access
- Launch Rocket League
However, if you want to log out of the account so another person can log in and play on the same device Steam does have another option. Having the game downloaded will let them play the game if they use the same computer even if they didn't buy the game themselves. Family Share is also an option for letting someone play the game without needing to be on the same computer. Using the Family Share option will not let you play the game together.
Epic Games Store
Logging out of your Rocket League account on the Epic Games Store can also be very simple. If you have multiple EGS accounts that you play Rocket League on, then keeping those accounts separate allows you to play on each of them without much effort. If you aren't sure how to log out of your EGS account, this is how you do it.
- On the Epic Games Launcher, click your username
- Choose Sign Out
- You can then make a new account or log in with a different existing account
To play on a different Rocket League account, you will need to make a new Epic Games Store account. Making a new account will also link it to your new Rocket League account.
How to Unlink your Rocket League Account
If you've linked the wrong account to Epic Games or want to swap accounts for some reason, you'll most likely want to unlink the existing linked account. This can sound complicated but, this is a very simple process.
- Go to the Epic Games website and click the Sign In button at the top right
- Log in with the account you want to unlink
- This will return you to the main page and the sign in button will be replaced with your username instead
- Click the username and choose Account then go to the Connections tab and Accounts
- This will let you unlink your Rocket League account and other accounts from different platforms
The Connections Tab lets you track what platforms have your account logged in to. Knowing how to find it important for security purposes. You can access it through your mobile device, PC and other platforms with a web browser. This is an option for all Rocket League players regardless of the gaming platform.
You can then link a different Rocket League account to the Epic Games Account.
How to link Multiple Rocket League Accounts
Epic Games has a help page about this here (https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accounts-c74/connect-accounts-c110/how-do-i-link-multiple-rocket-league-accounts-to-my-epic-games-account-a6916). Doing this allows you to have access to the shared inventory but you need to assign a primary account for your Account Level, ranking and Rocket Pass progress.
- Go to the Rocket League Activation page here (https://www.rocketleague.com/activate/)
- Click on Account Settings and sign in to your Epic Games Account
- You're now able to connect additional accounts on different console platforms
- Once the accounts have been connected, you can select the account you want to become the primary account
- Confirm your choice and your good to go!
While your inventories will be shared, anything new earned while using a primary account will be assigned to that account. You can also change your primary platform and account once a month
Can I Unlink one of my additional Platforms?
There is a more detailed Rocket League support page here (https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053544734-How-Do-I-Unlink-Platforms-From-My-Epic-Games-Account-) however, you can disconnect and unlink platforms from your account through the Rocket League Connect Accounts website page.
Disconnecting one of these accounts will mean you can no longer connect a different platform of the same type to that Epic Games Account. This means disconnecting a PlayStation account means you cannot connect to a different PlayStation account in the future.