How to fix your High Ping in Escape from Tarkov in a few clicks [Solved]
In Escape from Tarkov, as with most of the competitive shooters in the market, it's essential to keep a stable connection with the game servers. So if you have been dealing with high latency while playing, we'll show you 6 ways to fix your High Ping in Escape from Tarkov. But before that, you must first know how to show your ping in Escape from Tarkov.
Method #1: Reboot your Router and Modem
The first method you should try to solve several issues related to your internet speed connection is to reboot all the devices connected to your network. In most cases, these devices are just your router and modem. Doing this can also improve your network connection in all Escape from Tarkov servers and in other games. For this to work correctly, you need to do a proper power cycle on your devices, or else you'll need to reboot your network devices multiple times. Just follow this simple guide to learn how to do this power cycle:
- Unplug both your modem and router from the power source.
- Wait approximately 20 seconds, and plug just the modem back into its power source.
- Wait 90 seconds more, and now plug the router back on its power source.
- Wait for all green lights to be on before testing your connection.
- Now, test if your connection is working and go back to play Escape from Tarkov to see if your Ping has improved.
If you keep having these network connection issues frequently, you should contact your internet service provider to see if this connection issue is occurring because of problems on their end. If the problem is not on their end, you should consider changing your router or modem devices.
Method #2: Use an Ethernet Cable
Sometimes is not viable to use a wired connection due to physical barriers in your residence, but if that's not your case and you have the choice of changing your wi fi connection for a wired connection, do this immediately. A wireless connection is more likely to suffer from connection issues, especially using a wi-fi network adapter and not a built-in system. After making this change, go back to playing Escape from Tarkov and test if your internet connection is working. If not, you must check if your cable is indeed working.
The price of the ethernet cable can differ, but this doesn't interfere with the quality of the internet network connection. You are good to go with basically any network wire that can work.
Method #3: Close Background Apps
Another simple way of lowering your ping in the Escape from Tarkov is limiting your network data usage by closing apps consuming your bandwidth while you play. So if you want better connections and get the lowest ping possible, end all the background apps not currently being used. On Windows, you can see the list of apps running in the background in the task manager. Follow this step-by-step guide to know how to close these apps:
- Right-click on the Taskbar, and click on Task Manager.
- Click on the Network column. It will show the apps in descending order. The ones with the most bandwidth usage will be first on the list.
- Select the apps that you want to dismiss and click on End task.
- Now, play Escape from Tarkov and see if your connection has improved.
Method #4: Update your Network Drivers
Keeping your drivers updated is essential to maintain your network devices performing at their best. So be sure to install the latest network driver version if you are experiencing high latency while playing Escape from Tarkov. Every Windows version has a tool that automatically searches for the drivers on the internet. Follow this simple guide to learn how you can update your network drivers:
- Go to the Windows search bar, search for Device Manager, and press Enter.
- Double-click on Network adapters to collapse the list, and right-click on the first option.
- Double-click on the Update driver option, and choose the Search Automatically for drivers option.
- The system will see if you are using the latest version of your Network driver. If not, it will download and install the latest free version of the driver.
Method #5: Configure the Windows Update Delivery Settings
If you have been facing server connection issues in Escape from Tarkov, a simple way to improve your connection is to change the Windows Update Settings default configuration. The system's default settings allow Windows to update and consume part of your bandwidth, and this can happen while you play Escape from Tarkov. Here's a simple guide on how you can change this configuration:
- Go to the Windows search bar, search for Windows Update Delivery Settings, and press Enter.
- Double-click on Advanced options.
- Mark the Percentage of measured bandwidth, and mark the first square that limits the bandwidth usage for downloading updates in the background.
- Put the percentage bar on 10% or less. This configuration will limit bandwidth usage and improve your Ping in Escape from Tarkov.
- Launch Escape from Tarkov and see if you notice any improvements on your Ping.
Method #6: Release, Renew, and Flush your DNS Information
A simple thing that can solve your Escape from Tarkov server connection issues is to run some commands on your command prompt. These commands will clean your DNS resolver cache information and hopefully reduce your Escape from Tarkov server issues. Just follow this simple guide on how you can run this list of commands:
- Go to the Windows search bar and search for cmd.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
- Type the command ipconfig /release and press Enter to run it. Wait until your system responds with all your network information, like your internet protocol version 6, the IPV6.
- Type the command ipconfig /renew and press Enter to run it.
- Type the command ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter to run it.
- Close the command prompt window and speed test the Escape from Tarkov connection by playing the game.
Want to know other ways to improve your gaming experience while playing Escape from Tarkov? Then check out our article on how you can improve your FPS in Escape from Tarkov, and if you want to know the best ways to display your FPS while playing any game, check out our article on how you can show your FPS in Escape from Tarkov. Now, if you want more tips about fixing High Ping in general, check out one of our related articles on how you can fix High Ping in PUBG.