How to view hours played in Destiny 2
Bungie’s online-only multiplayer shooter looks fantastic and has some neat storylines to follow, so even solo gamers have something to enjoy. These are why you should keep track of your game time so that you won’t spend too much time in the game.
If there is such a thing… Destiny 2 doesn’t offer you an option to find out how many hours you’ve been playing, but the Steam overlay works just fine for this. Here are the steps for getting some extra info:
- Open the game via Steam.
- When in-game, press Shift+Tab for the Steam overlay.
- In the upper-left corner, you can see the current time.
- Under the clock, you can see the length of the current gaming session, the minutes played in the past two weeks, and the hours played in total.
How to view hours played check Destiny 2 gametime on PC with Steam
Steam grants you access to some gametime statistics. You can easily view your hours played in the library section of the application. Steam shows playtime even if you've uninstalled the game for any reason. The following are the steps you have to take to find how much you've played Destiny 2 using Steam:
- Open the Steam app on your PC.
- Go to the Steam Games Library Home page.
- Find Destiny 2 on the list.
- The hours played appear in the middle section where you can see the Install/Play button for the game.
How to view hours spent in Destiny 2 using Google Stadia
Here is how you can view time spent in any game on Google Stadia.
- Open your browser on your PC, or press the Stadia button on the controller.
- The achievements appear right away, with the application, and you can view the time played under the progress bar.
- The website works a bit differently: You have to view your profile (click on Friends, then click on your profile) and click on View Profile.
How to view Destiny 2 play time on Xbox using PC
You can view time played on Xbox console and on PC too. You can easily view total playtime if you already have Destiny 2 and play it on your Xbox Series S or other Xbox console. If you got Destiny 2 via Microsoft Store (eventually via the Xbox app), just follow the steps below to view your game time on PC:
- Open your browser and visit the official Xbox website or run the Xbox app on your computer.
- Log in to your Xbox gaming account or the connected Microsoft account.
- Find your profile name and icon: The app is located in the upper left corner of the screen, while on the website, it’s located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on your profile icon: in the Windows application, choose View Profile. On the website, click on the Xbox Profile link.
- Select the Achievements option. In the app, click on the game, and you’ll be redirected to the right page.
- You can find the total game time, your scores, and the number of achievements you’ve unlocked on the next page.
On an Xbox Console, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox guide button on your controller
- Open Profile & System, and select My Profile
- Select the Gaming Tab, and find the game in the list.
- Press A to choose Destiny 2.
- On the Progress screen, select Stats from the left sidebar.
How to view hours played in Destiny 2 on PS4 and PS5
- Turn on your console
- Navigate to the upper right corner and press X on your profile picture on the home screen.
- From the menu, select Profile and press X.
- On your profile page, select Games
- This page shows completion and trophies, along with hours played. However, some games may not have this kind of statistics.
Destiny 2 is one of those fast-paced games you can really fall for, and that’s why it would be a good idea to keep track of time spent in the game. The methods above can help you, and just like in our guide on how to view game time in PUBG, there are other ways to measure your actual game time.
How to find actual game time in Destiny 2 - for PVP players
PVP is a big part of Destiny 2, the Crucible matches are some of the best ways to keep you hyped. Even though most matches are played with random teams, it’s quite certain you are going to enjoy them. How you can find out how many hours you’ve played PVP in Destiny? It’s simple, because we know how long Crucible matches last on average: 3-7 minutes. The best is to use 7 minutes, because when you were a noob, you probably ended up with people like you, who weren’t all that good. The website called DestinyKD can tell you how many matches you’ve played, and then you just need to multiply that number with 7 minutes, and that’s your average game time. Those who play the game’s story had to rely on the usual methods.