How to Show FPS in GTA V in a few clicks?
FPS or framerate per second is an essential factor, which defines the quality of gameplay. You would obviously need a higher FPS in GTA V for enjoying the game.
In most cases, the ideal gameplay requires 60 FPS, and the gameplay gets better with a higher FPS. On the contrary, an FPS of 30 or less than that could potentially ruin your experience of the game. The following post helps you identify some promising methods to show FPS in GTA V.
Showing FPS in GTA V using the Steam Overlay
If you are playing GTA V on Steam, then you have some good news. The answer for how to show FPS in GTA V on Steam includes a straightforward solution with the in-built FPS counter on Steam. Here are the simple steps for showing FPS in GTA V when you are playing the game on Steam.
- Open Steam and access “Settings.”
- Open the “In-Game” menu and choose the position of the FPS counter through the “In-game FPS counter” option.
- Now, you have to ensure that the “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” option has been checked before you click on “OK.”
- Upon launching GTA V, you can notice the FPS counter in the position you have selected in the settings.
Showing FPS in GTA V using Fraps
Fraps is a credible real-time video capture application and helps identify precise instances of drops in FPS during gameplay. Here is how to show FPS on GTA V using Fraps.
- Choose the location for saving the benchmark log in the “Folder to save benchmarks in” section on the “99 FPS” tab in the Fraps software.
- You can use the “Change” button for specifying the desired storage location for the benchmark log files.
- Set the choice of “Benchmarking Hotkey” to enable the FPS display counter on GTA V. At the same time, you must specify the type of benchmarks you want to monitor such as the FPS.
- Choose the “Overlay Hotkey” for allocating a button which would display the FPS counter.
- Select the “Overlay Corner” or the position where you want to show FPS on GTA V.
Showing FPS on GTA V using NVIDIA GeForce Experience
The dedicated solution, GeForce Experience, serves an all-in-one solution with multiple functionalities, including the FPS counter. Here is how to show FPS on GTA V for PC by using the ShadowPlay overlay in the GeForce Experience.
- Install the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app and enable the in-game overlay option. Now, you can use the shortcut “Alt + Z” for opening the overlay.
- Select the gear icon to open the Settings tab and then choose the “HUD Layout” option.
- Tap on the “Performance” tab and then select the ‘FPS’ option. Make sure that you choose the position of the FPS counter in the monitor image.
- Click on ‘Back’ and you could find the FPS counter on the selected position during your GTA V gameplay.
Display FPS on GTA V using MSI Afterburner
You can also use MSI Afterburner as an alternative to show FPS on GTA V in Steam, particularly in combination with RivaTuner Statistics Server or RTSS. Both of them offer a credible solution to monitor FPS during your gameplay. Here are the simple steps to show the FPS counter on GTA V using MSI Afterburner.
- Open MSI Afterburner application and then select “Settings”.
- Select the ‘Monitoring’ tab.
- Choose the items you want to see in the display counter while ensuring the “Show in On-Screen Display” option for every item. Select the ‘Framerate’ option from the list.
- Access the “On-Screen Display” tab and choose a specific keyboard key for switching to the overlay.
- Select “Ok” and minimize the application as MSI Afterburner application force quits upon closing the window.
Display FPS on GTA V using Razer Cortex
Another promising alternative for activating FPS counter on GTA V is a specialized software for optimized PC gaming. You can access the advanced FPS counter with the application with the following simple steps.
- Open the Razer Cortex application and select “View Dashboard” on the GTA V game.
- Click on the “Enable FPS Chart”.
- Check the “Show FPS overlay while in-game” box and then choose the FPS counter position you want.
- Return to “My Library” and then start playing GTA V with the FPS counter on the selected position.
Display FPS on GTA V using Windows Game Bar
The Game Bar is a unique in-built gaming functionality available in Windows 10. Here are some simple steps to display FPS on GTA V PC.
- Launch the Game Bar by pressing “Windows + G”.
- Select the “FPS” menu and then click on “Request Access”.
- Restart your computer and launch the GTA V game alongside the Game Bar.
- Clock on the “Performance options” and select “FPS” only.
- Pin the window at any position on the monitor you want for viewing the FPS count.
How Can I Improve FPS on GTA V?
What can you do when the FPS is constantly low? The answer is: Look for potential new upgrades to your graphics drivers or try defragging your disks. Remove any unwanted background activity for reducing the load on your CPU while playing the game.
When you know what FPS you are playing at, you are more likely to have a better understanding of any problems, if any, come up during gameplay. The different tools at your disposal for displaying FPS in a game offer much-needed flexibility for enjoying the game like they want. You can access the FPS counter through Steam overlay or Windows Game Bar and even choose additional tools like MSI Afterburner, NVIDIA GeForce Experience and Razer Cortex. Enjoy immersive experiences on GTA V by enabling an FPS counter with simple methods right now.