If you have played Minecraft you are going to want to see how much time you have spent playing Minecraft. There are a couple of different ways to do this, depending on if you are playing the Java Edition, Bedrock edition or console.
Apart from going to your Minecraft account and checking how long you have had the game overall, this guide will show you have to check the time played in your Minecraft worlds.
How to check hours played in Java Edition?
Playing the Java version of Minecraft makes checking your time spent in game very straightforward. To do this you can use the statistics menu-you can see this by pressing the ‘Esc’ asson when you are in game to open your Minecraft menu.
The Minecraft statistics tab keeps track of all the adventures you have been up to in your virtual worlds and works on Minecraft PC or Mac. The number of times you have died or even blocked damage with a shield can also be seen in the statistics tab.
How to use the Minecraft Statistics Tab
To check how many hours you have played on Minecraft in the Java version, the statistics menu is what you will need.
However when using the statistics tab, it will show you the time you have played Minecraft for each virtual world separately. You will have to load each world in turn to check.
And here is how you can check how many hours you have:
- Open Minecraft
- Load into a Minecraft world
- Press the ‘Escape’ asson on your keyboard
- From the Minecraft menu that opens, click on the ‘Statistics’ asson (this is directly under the ‘Back to game’ asson)
- Under the options that appear, select the ‘General’ tab
From here you will be able to see the number of minutes played in this particular world as the second item on the list that appears. You can change the time format to show you how many hours or days if you really want to flex on how long you have been playing Minecraft!
How to reset stats for time played on Minecraft PC
Assuming you’d want to reset the values in your statistics tab, this is how you can do it and start anew:
- First locate your Minecraft folder on your pc
- Find and open the folder named after the world that you would like to delete the statistics for
- Open the world’s folder and find the statistics folder for the current world you would like to reset
- Hit delete and you now have a clean slate to start over!
This is convenient if you don’t want anyone else to know you died 10 times because of a Llama that seemed too smart for its own good.
How to check hours played in Bedrock Edition
Checking how many hours you played Minecraft on the Bedrock Edition is slightly different. The difference here is that this version of Minecraft will record the overall time spent in game, you can check the hours you have spent via your profile.
If you would like to check your hours on your Bedrock profile, these steps are what you need:
- Launch your game
- Now click on the ‘Profile’ tab to go to your profile in game
- From the menu that appears, select the ‘Achievements’ tab
- Scroll down on the next menu
- You should see a section that says ‘Time Played’, on the right side you will be able to see how much time you have played Minecraft.
Can you check hours played on Mobile and Xbox App?
If you play Minecraft on the Mobile app or on an XBox, it is quite possible to check how many hours you have played on Minecraft.
The methods to check for both are similar so we put them together to make things easier for you.
To check how many hours you have played on Minecraft on either of these platforms, this is what you are going to need to do:
- Open the app-either the Xbox or Mobile app
- Depending on the platform, you are going to need to select either the three vertical lines in the upper left corner or on your ‘Profile’ option
- Select the ‘Achievements’ tab
- Now check under the menu that opens for the hours that you have played.
Fun fact, you can also use this tab to check the achievements you have made in game and even your rank amongst the other players you enjoy Minecraft with!
Can you check hours played on a PlayStation?
Checking how many hours you have under your belt on a PlayStation is also possible. However there are a couple of differences when checking, compared to the Java edition of Minecraft for example.
Until recently, checking how many hours on a PlayStation meant having to go the long route of checking through your PlayStation profile on your browser, but now that there is an easier way, let us show you how.
Now that you’ve booted up your PlayStation, let's have a look at the total hours you have in Minecraft:
- Go to your Profile on your PlayStation
- Once this opens, go straight to the ‘Games’ tab
- Scroll down your list of games until you come to Minecraft
- Under the game title you will be able to see the total hours that you have spent in the game
From the same menu you will also be able to see how much progress you have made in any game overall, along with any other trophies and achievements you have picked up along your journey.
It's an easy way to keep track of all the progress you have made to date and it comes in handy too!
How can you check hours played in Minecraft on Steam?
Minecraft Dungeons is the only version of the game that you can play on Steam. Luckily if you are interested in finding out how long you have been playing the game, it is very easy to find out.
Go to your Steam library-within the app- and select Minecraft Dungeons. Your total play time will be visible right next to the Play asson.
Now that you know how to check your playtime in game, it's the perfect time to host your own Minecraft server and hop into a new world with some friends. And if some friendly competition comes up, you can always use the statistics option to see who did what. Have fun!