How to Play Call of Duty Mobile with an XBOX Controller on Android or iOS Devices
Millions of gamers compete in Call of Duty Mobile, one of the world's most popular mobile games, to demonstrate their resolve and strength. However, it can be difficult at times, so players search for easier ways to get an advantage over their opponents. This guide will teach gamers everything they need to know about controller support and connecting their XBOX Controller to Call of Duty Mobile to gain a competitive advantage.
Does COD Mobile have Controller Support?
Immersing oneself in the Call of Duty experience with a controller is without a doubt one of the best ways to enjoy the game. Not only does it give the player the nostalgic sensation of experiencing the same Call of Duty game from 2003, but it also gives players a competitive edge over mobile users. With the controller support technology featured in Call of Duty Mobile, players can play the game with a controller.
Because these controllers are only functional in-game, touch controls are still used to navigate menus and loadouts. This is because, while COD Mobile does support controllers for Android and iOS device users, it is rather limited. At the moment, only a few officially supported controllers can be used in the game.
Only the XBOX Controller and PlayStation Controller are officially supported by Call of Duty Mobile. Specifically, the few officially supported controllers are the Series X XBOX One Controller, XBOX Series S Controller, PS4 Controller, and the PS5 Controller. As a result, other third-party controllers will not work in-game.
How to play Call of Duty Mobile with an XBOX Controller?
To play COD Mobile with an XBOX Controller, simply pair them with your Android or iOS device over Bluetooth. Regardless of phone or tablet, the process merely takes a few seconds.
- Pull down your phone screen's Notification Shade.
- To enable Bluetooth, tap the Bluetooth icon.
- Hold the XBOX and Sync buttons simultaneously until the controller vibrates to enable pairing mode.
- To detect the XBOX Controller, use the "Scan" function on your Android mobile device.
- Tap the controller's name and then select Pair New Device.
- Once connected, launch COD Mobile and enjoy using your XBOX One controllers!
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate on your settings menu, to find and select Bluetooth settings.
- Turn Bluetooth on by tapping.
- Press and hold the XBOX and Sync buttons until the controller starts to vibrate.
- Under Other Devices, press the connect button.
- Open Call of Duty Mobile and play the game using your XBOX wireless controller.
How to Configure and Customize the Controller Settings
It's no surprise that players may modify and customize their controller settings in COD Mobile, given the game's extensive customization features.
Follow these few steps:
- Open the Call of Duty Mobile application.
- In the lobby's upper right corner, press the settings button.
- Scroll down and select the Controller option.
- Go to the upper part of the controller tab and click Settings to tweak some basic options.
- Select the game mode sensitivity you want to adjust at the top of the screen, then choose either low, mid, high, or custom for a more specialized sensitivity that you may modify to your liking.
Will I get banned for using the XBOX Controller in COD Mobile?
The short answer is no. Call of Duty Mobile's ability to detect players operating the game through Mobile Devices, Emulators on a PC or Mac, and Controllers is one of its key features. To ensure fairness, the game will match players in similar conditions.
This means that controller players will only be able to play against other controller players in all modes, including Battle Royale. If you're in a party with a mobile phone user, you'll be matched against a mobile player and a controller player.
As you can clearly see, using an XBOX controller to play Call of Duty Mobile is not as difficult as it may appear. Nevertheless, if you're experiencing difficulties connecting or configuring your controller, visit our guides for quick assistance.
This concludes our guide on how to connect XBOX controller to Call of Duty Mobile. Call of Duty Mobile is an excellent way to enjoy a spectacular first-person shooter game on your mobile device. So, if you're just getting started, check out our COD Mobile guides, which cover everything from Adding Friends to Obtaining Grindable Camos.