In the Call of Duty Franchise, COD points are the core of the in-game micro economy. The nice thing is that these points are applied to your Activision account, meaning you can use those same points in Call of Duty Cold War, Call of Duty Vanguard, and any other Modern Call of Duty game. This includes Warzone as well - make sure to read our article on how to get free COD points in Warzone for a bit of extra cash.
But what happens when you buy points you didn't mean to buy? Whether you bought the wrong amount, used the wrong preferred payment method, or didn't mean to buy any at all, it is time to start a new refund request.
Does Activision Blizzard Offer Refund COD Points?
Unfortunately, Activision Blizzard's official refund policy is that every in-game purchase is final, and that any money spent is not eligible for a refund - no matter how much you've spent (read our article on how much COD points cost for more information).
Even though Activision states "All sales of Call of Duty Points are final, and are not eligible for refund", this is not a dead end for people wishing for refunds. All this means that you will have to look elsewhere for your refund request.
The Best Ways To Get A Refund For COD Points
Unfortunately, if you have bought your points from Activision directly, such as buying through Battle.Net, then there your refund requests will be rejected. You can contact Activision support, but they are very unlikely to rescind on their refund policy.
But if you bought COD points from somewhere else, then there is still a chance to get your money back - you may just need to act fast. And if you're struggling to buy points, check out our article on how to buy Call of Duty points if they won't show in your account.
Issuing A Refund Request On PC
PC players will only be able to request a refund if they have purchased their points on Steam, as the Steam Wallet has a better refund policy than Activision.
To initiate the refund request to refund Call of Duty points, follow these steps.
- First, simply contact Steam support.
- Next, you'll want to select the purchase you want to refund from this panel - if the points aren't there, you won't be able to get a refund
- Once you've selected the COD points you want to refund, click "I purchased this by accident"
- Finally, select "I'd like to request a refund", and explain why you need one.
- Submit you request, and keep your fingers crossed!
Unfortunately, they are not guaranteed to grant your refund, as Activision is a third party developer, but Steam explicitly states it's always worth contacting them to check just in case. You will have a much better chance of getting your refund if you have not used any of your points.
How To Get A Refund On Consoles (Xbox, PlayStation)
Both Xbox Customer Service and PSN Customer Support are your go-to refund givers if you have bought Call of Duty points on a Console. Unlike Activision, both are willing to accept refund requests under certain conditions.
How To Get A Refund On Xbox
Here's what you need to do to initiate a refund request for Call of Duty Points on an Xbox:
- First, head to xbox.com/refunds and make sure to sign in to the same Microsoft account that made the purchase in the Microsoft store.
- Next, select the purchase you want to refund and explain why you need your money refunded
- If additional information is requested, make sure to find and submit it, as it will increase your chances of a successful refund
- If everything works, you will receive your money back and lose the points within a couple of business days
How To Get A Refund On PlayStation
The most important thing for PlayStation users is to act fast, as Sony offers two weeks for users to ask for a refund for any content.
- The first thing you'll need is the PSN ID of the account you bought the points on the PlayStation store.
- You will then need to head to the PlayStation support page and go to the refund section.
- A refund assistant will then contact you
- You will then need to explain what item you need refunding and why
- If they accept your request, they will fulfil all refunds as quickly as possible.
And that is every possible way to get refund COD points across all platforms. Hopefully, you can get your hard-earned money back safely and securely!