How to easily see FPS in World Of Tanks
Knowing how much FPS we have during our gameplay can be essential. Sometimes, random lags can take the fun out of the game, and we don't always know if it's a matter of performance of our PC or the internet. But after reading this guide, you will always know!
How to see FPS in World of Tanks
World of Tanks is one of the rare games that display both ping and FPS. You can find them in the top-left corner of the screen.
Both of these metrics are measured in real-time, and they provide a good assessment as to how your PC and internet are working. However, note that this feature is still not implemented for WoT Blitz.
How to remove the FPS and Ping counter in WOT
While the feature is very nice, there isn’t a shortcut that would remove it. Instead, you have to do a few things out of the game to block the bar:
- Find a file called preferences.xml. The file should be in your World of Tanks installation folder
- We suggest that you make a backup before you start tinkering
- Open it with a notepad
- You can turn FPS and ping by typing false (for off) or true (for on) <showFPS> false </showFPS>
- Save the settings and close the file
How to improve FPS in World of Tanks?
Luckily, even if your FPS is pretty low, there are several things you can do to improve it. Here are some of the main features that you need to change so that your PC works better:
- Update your drivers
- We suggest that you install Razor Game Booster
- Make sure to change your graphic settings to low or medium. This is probably the best way to address the FPS issue
- Disable visual themes
- Adjust windows for an optimal experience
Now that you know how to monitor your FPS values look into our listing of the best tanks in WoT! And if you're into the pocket version of the game, it's fine; we have one for it, too: The Best Tanks in World of Tanks Blitz for Each Tier.
For similar guides, check our article where we explain how you can check FPS in Path of Exile.