How to easily uninstall, delete and deactivate Rainbow Six: Siege on PC
How to remove Rainbow Six Siege using the remove programs option on Windows operating system
This is the easiest method to completely uninstall Rainbow Six Siege because you don't have to start any third-party uninstaller or log in to one of your gaming accounts. This removes Rainbow Six Siege for all users, the registry keys, and the installation folder with all the files from your Program Files and your Windows system. When you download Rainbow Six Siege again on your computer, it will be a completely fresh installation. All the steps below are very similar to the ones covered in our guide on how to uninstall and deactivate PUBG on PC.
- Click on the Start menu (or press the Windows button on the keyboard).
- Click on the gearwheel icon, which takes you to the Settings (Control Panel) window.
- Select the Apps menu
- Use the search bar to find Rainbow Six Siege on the list of installed programs.
- Click on the Uninstall button to altogether remove the program from your computer
How to uninstall Rainbow Six Siege on PC using Ubisoft Connect (formerly UPlay)
- Launch Ubisoft Connect and log in if needed.
- Click on the Games menu in the top menu bar.
- Look for Rainbow Six Siege among the Installed Games list, and click on it.
- On the game’s info page, select Properties.
- The Properties page features a field with the local files; that’s where you find the Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall, confirm your choice, and you are ready.
How to uninstall Rainbow Six Siege on PC using the Steam game launcher
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is available to buy from Steam too. If you have the game from this software store, you can easily remove it when you feel you have enough of it for the time being. Steam is also a good choice because it has a built-in FPS counter, though you can always use any other methods to show FPS is RS6. As a side note, it's important to note that this won't delete your progress and achievements, only the game files.
- Open the Steam Launcher on your PC.
- Go to the Steam Library page.
- Find Rainbow Six Siege on the list and right-click on it.
- In the pop-up menu, select "Manage."
- In the following menu, select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and Steam does its job.
- You can check the game library at Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and delete any remaining files after removing Rainbow Six Siege.
How to uninstall Rainbow Six Siege on PC using Epic Games Launcher
- Open Epic Games Launcher.
- Open the Library.
- Select Rainbow Six Siege from the list, click on the "…" button and click Uninstall.
- After the uninstallation, you may have to check the install folder in the Program Files for any files left behind and delete those.
How to completely delete your Rainbow Six Siege and Ubisoft or Uplay account
- Log in to your Ubisoft Connect or Uplay account (either via the app or the website).
- If you use the application, click on your profile in the top right corner and select Account Information.
- On the Account Information page, click on the link under the Other account information field.
- A browser window opens, and you may need to log in again. The Account Information page is the one you should see.
- Scroll down to the Close your Ubisoft account section.
- Click on the Close button. You will be asked to verify your choice at this point. In the pop-up, read the information and click on the checkbox for Close my account to finish.
- In case you have Ubisoft+, you have to cancel the subscription before deleting your account.
As of now, there is no way to reset your in-game progress in Rainbow Six Siege, so you either delete your Ubisoft account - which is not recommended - or you continue playing from the same account. Of course, you can delete your data, and create a fresh Ubisoft account and access the game like you've never had it. In case you have Ubisoft+ you can get this game for free.