How to easily view hours played in War Thunder
Find out how you can view your hours played in War Thunder on PC, XBOX, and Playstation!
This comprehensive free to play wargame offers you everything that Wargaming's games offer; only you can access every type of vehicles in one client. In the following guide, we will look at how you can view your playtime in WT, so that you can find out how many hours you've spent playing wargames. War Thunder is a cross platform game available for PC, Playstation 4/5, and XBox series X/S.
How to view game time in War Thunder on all platforms using the in-game mechanics
Fortunately, the game features an accurate in-game counter for playtime, which you can access on all devices. It's a great feature that can help you measure how long you have been playing the different game modes. Follow these steps to find out:
- Launch the game and log in when prompted.
- On the hangar screen, click on your Player Card, which is located at the top of the screen, on the left side of the Battle button.
- The Player Card window covers your in-game statistics, including information such as how much time you played as a bomber or fighter.
- This statistic covers the different game modes, such as Simulation, Realistic, and Arcade battles, along with detailed statistics for battles and missions.
How to view hours played in War Thunder on PC using Steam.
The easiest way to play this game and to keep track of your achievements and time played is to play the game via Steam. This way you can easily manage the game, update it or remove it if you run out of storage (the game takes up only 39 GB according to our guide on War Thunder download sizes). Steam offers two ways to find out how many hours you played WT. Here is the not-so-accurate one:
- Launch Steam and go to your game library.
- Find War Thunder on the list and click on it.
- Next to the Play button, you can view some data, including the Time Played.
- This counter shows how many hours the game has run since the first install, including loading times, idle time, and the time you spent with customizations.
You can use the Steam Overlay for more detailed numbers while in the game.
- Launch the game via Steam.
- Press Shift+Tab to view the Steam Overlay.
- You can find info about time spent in-game in the upper left corner of the overlay screen.
- It shows the total time played, and the current session time, and instead of the time played last week, you can find the time played in the last two weeks' info. This is very similar to what you can do to view playtime in Eve Online for example.
How to view hours spent in the comprehensive free to play wargame on XBox
Even though PC gaming is still rocking hard, consoles have come a long way and now offer an amazing gaming experience for players, with great graphics and steady performance. In case you would like to know how you can find your playtime statistics on Xbox X/S consoles, follow these easy steps.
- Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller
- Open Profile&System, and select My Profile
- Select the Gaming Tab, and find the game in the list.
- Press A to choose Ark: Survival Evolved.
- On the Progress screen, select Stats from the left sidebar.
How to view hours played in War Thunder on PS4 and PS5
Since this game offers cross platform multiplayer experience, it's only natural that it's available for the newer Playstation consoles too. To know how much time you play the game, follow these steps.
- Turn on your console.
- Navigate to the upper right corner and press X on your profile picture on the home screen.
- From the menu, select Profile and press X.
- On your profile page, select Games. This page shows completion and trophies, along with hours played.
How to find out your average battle-time in War Thunder
Games like this one usually have several game modes, and because of this, the battles have different time frames. In MMO battle games, a match is comfortable for the players if lasts for less than 30 minutes, and WT meets this margin. Here are the average match lengths:
- Arcade Ground - circa 8-10 minutes
- Realistic Ground - circa 10-15 minutes
- Arcade Air - circa 8-10 minutes
- Realistic Air - circa 10-20 minutes; high-tier battles may take circa 10-15 minutes
- Naval - circa 10-20 minutes (highly depends on the map)
With this information, you can easily calculate your average play time; just use the stats that show how many battles you've played in each mode.
War Thunder has a great, ever-expanding collection of vehicles you could hop in to fight your battles, and the fact that it has everything in one game makes it a very fine alternative to the global success games of Wargaming. The easiest way to check your game time is to use the in-game counter simply because it works on all platforms.