How To Easily Check Honor Progress in League of Legends
The honor system, within League of Legends, is a method by which Riot Games tries to encourage healthy play among the player community, with behavior that is not toxic. Basically, users who promote positive gameplay will be able to earn honor and earn rewards for good behavior.
In this entry of our guide, we are going to explain how to check your honor in League of Legends in each Season and what are the rewards you earn through this system.
How does honor work and how many levels are there?
In League of Legends, all players have an honor level that starts each season at level 2 by default and can be increased to level 5 at most. Only you can see your honor level, which appears in the bottom left of your profile and only honor is taken into account within the matchmaking games.
To get down to honor levels 1 or 0 you have to have received one or two bad behavior penalties. Something that doesn't interest you at all.
It should also be added that from honor level 2, all other levels have 3 goals each that must be achieved to go up to the next level. Goals are a way to measure your progress and after completing a level 3 goal you always earn an orb of honor.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that the level of honor is reset at the end of each LoL season (similar to what happens with the ranks). This is the same way as how to reset MMR in League of Legends.
How to check your Honor progress in League of legends?
Now you know a little more about the honor system, honor level, honor points and honor progression in League of Legends, it's time to discover how you can easily check your honor level progress to take advantage of these and receive key fragments frequently. To do so, just follow these steps:
- Open the League of legends client.
- Select the profile option.
- Your honor level will be shown beside your champion mastery level.
Remember, you must play matchmade games and make any honorable play in order to receive rewards from the honor system. So, pay attention to the post-game lobby to check if you were considered as a positive behavior player by your teammates. If you make a good job, your teammates honor you a lot and your final honor level will increase. Also, your honor level reset at the end of the season.
How to recover or gain honor?
To raise your honor in League of Legends is as easy as playing and trying to win all your games. Pay special attention because there are certain behaviors that can prevent you from gaining honor or even cause you to lose it:
- Don't intentionally play against your own team.
- Do not stay still throughout the game and help your teammates win.
- Do not insult other players or behave in a toxic way in the chat.
As you can see, it is especially valued that you do not play LoL in a negative way in order to gain honor. Simply playing normally will already advance your honor levels bit by bit, week by week, and month by month. Still, there are a few small ways to gain honor faster. In case you don't follow the steps above, check our guide about how to get unbanned in League of Legends.
Honor Tier Rewards
Obviously, the most interesting thing about all this honor system that League of Legends has is that it is used to receive free rewards periodically. This means that playing positive is rewarding for you and, in fact, the more you level up in honor, the better and more rewards you will receive.
These are all the rewards you can earn in the honor levels:
- Level 0: There are no rewards at this level.
- Level 1: for reaching this level you receive 1 key fragment.
- Level 2: for reaching this level you receive 1 key fragment. For completing goals at level 2 you receive two key fragments.
- Level 3: Receive an Honor Capsule containing three Key Fragments, a random Guardian Skin, and either 300 Blue Essence or a higher value Champion Fragment.
- Level 4: Receive an Honor Capsule containing four Key Fragments, a random emote, and either 630 Blue Essence or a higher value Champion Fragment.
- Level 5: You receive an Honor Capsule containing five Key Fragments, a Medieval Twitch or Gray Warwick skin (if you have them, you receive a token that can be redeemed in the shop for a chroma), a random emote, or skin of random ward and a higher value champion shard.
So, it's pretty simple, the higher the honor checkpoint you reach, the best rewards you get. Even getting three honors (including two premade teammates) can increase your honor level fast, give a cool tilt proof of you if you keep a positive attitude during a match and this also will get you a positive playing experience in League of Legends.
Lastly, there is a limit to how many honors you can receive per match (and it's normally 4). Being among the most honorable players in a match will show you as great shot-calling leadership and you will receive more key fragments frequently. So, take advantage of the honor level system to claim amazing rewards (such as one ward skin, honor orbs, honor capsules, champion shards, and much more). See you at the summoner's rift!