How to fix "can’t see rocket league party"
Are you in a rocket league party but you can't see your mates? With this guide to the missing party member error, you'll have things fixed quickly!
When it comes to playing Rocket League online, there are few better experiences than getting a party of your friends together and taking on the world. Or alternatively, taking on each other. Either way, it’s a great time to be had but there are some issues that can get in the way of this fun time. One of which is being unable to see your party’s cars when you are in the lobby. This is a common occurrence and there is a way to fix it. So don’t panic.This often happens due to your or your party members having moderate or strict NAT settings. NAT stands for network address translation and essentially relates to the computer being more strict about giving out private IP addresses. Having more strict settings means that it is more likely that other party members will not have access to your private IP address and hence why your car is not visible to them. Plus, if you try to join a match an error will occur and this will not be possible.Though like we said, there is no need to panic. This is a common error and can be fixed in two main ways. We will run through a step by step guide on each of the methods so that you can get back to playing private games with your pals in no time.
Method 1: Restart Or Reset Router
Often it can be as simple as restarting or resetting the router. When the player does this, the router can often change back to its default settings and allow for more lenient NAT settings. Here is a quick guide on how to do this.
- For the restart procedure what you’ll want to do is locate your router, find the power switch, and unplug the power source.
- Next, to allow for the router’s functions to competently shut off. Allow the router to do so and wait approximately thirty seconds.
- After this time has elapsed, plug the router back in and wait sixty seconds. Once you have done so, check the settings and see if the problem persists.
Sometimes simply restarting through the removal of the power switch is not the way to go. For some routers, they have a dedicated reset procedure that you must follow in order to get the desired results. Here is a quick guide on how to do this.
- Take your router and look around the body of the router until you find a dedicated reset button. It will usually be quite small so look carefully.
- When located you will likely need something sharp and thin like a needle or a paperclip. This will allow you to hold down the button. Do so for approximately thirty seconds before releasing.
- Then once you have released the button, wait approximately thirty seconds. Then check your settings and see if this has fixed the issues.
Method 2: Forward The Rocket League Ports
If you have tried either of these methods and it hasn’t helped your situation there is no need to fret. There is often a need to try the second method which is forwarding the Rocket League ports. This basically involves players entering their router’s settings and adding specific ports that are needed. Here is a step by step guide for you.
- The first thing you need to do is access the router settings. To do this you need to open a Web browser and in the search bar, enter your personal IP address. This should bring you to the settings menu
- Before you have access to this menu though, you will be prompted for your login credentials. So simply enter your username and password correctly to continue.
- Now you will have access to the router settings and will have the ability to forward any additional ports that are needed. Depending on the system in question, these can vary quite a lot. Here is a quick list of the ones that you will need for each respective system:
UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036Playstation 4:TCP: 1935,3478-3480
UDP: 3074,3478-3479Xbox One:TCP: 3074
UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500Switch:TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
UDP: 1-65535After you have successfully added the necessary ports, turn off the Wi-Fi system and/or console. Then restart the system and check if the problem has been resolved.
Fix Your NAT and Party On
Issues that keep you from playing with your friends can be a real pain. Without the online facilities that Rocket League has at its disposal, it wouldn’t even be half the experience. So when NAT issues occur and your friend is invisible during matchmaking, this can really suck you out of the fun time that this game usually is.So with these easy to follow guides, you should be able to identify the issue and get back to normal in no time. We hope that our tips help and you and your friends enjoy playing together on the field without any other obstacles in your way, other than a last-second aerial dribble to the goal for the win of course. And if not, we have written a guide on how to quite your party if your teammates are bad.