[SOLVED] How to Fix Crashing in Warzone? So Easy!
Random crashes in Call of Duty: Warzone are incredibly annoying while you're in the middle of an intense combat. Even while it can be challenging to pinpoint the precise cause of this issue, there are several straightforward solutions you can try. Today, we will share with you a few methods that users have tried before in order to solve your problem. Then let's get started!
Check for the lastest patch
Usually problems with the game are caused by not having the latest version installed. The problem of your constant crashing may be related to the game itself and the developers may have released a new patch to fix it. If you have Warzone crashing issue, first make sure you have the latest version of the game.
- Open Blizzard Battle.net desktop app
- Click on the gear icon next to the Play button, and select Check for Updates
If the problem still persists or you already have the latest version, check the solutions below.
Update your graphics driver
Outdated drivers are one of the biggest reasons for the game to crash or lag. An up-to-date graphics driver will ensure you always get the best performance and quality from the game. You can manually install the most recent graphics driver by searching the website of the company that made your graphics card driver, such as AMD or NVIDIA. Or if you don't want to deal with that, you can use an app that automatically update graphics driver.
Update your operating system
If your graphics driver is up to date, maybe your operating system is outdated. CoD Warzone crashes due to compatibility problems that may potentially be brought on by an old operating system.
Here is how you can update your operating system:
- To open Windows Settings, simultaneously hit the Windows key and the key I on your keyboard. Then click Update & Security.
- Click the Check for updates button and install the updates if there are any.
- Then you should restart your computer, so the changes will take effect.
Repair corrupted game files
Missing or damaged game files can cause crashing in Call of Duty: Warzone. Even corrupted game files may be the cause of not only Warzone crashing but also freezing or lag problems.
Follow the steps below to fix this problem and repair your game files:
- Open your Battle.net client.
- Find Warzone and click the gear icon next to the Play button.
- Click Scan and Repair and begin the scan.
- Restart your client and game after the scan is complete.
- If CoD Warzone crashing is still going after you repair game files, follow the other solutions.
Change to DirectX 11
You should change your DirectX version to DirectX 11 if Call of Duty: Warzone crashes with a DirectX problem.
Here's how to do it:
- Launch the Battle.net app and find Call of Duty: Warzone.
- Click the gear icon and select Game Settings.
- Tick the checkbox Additional command line arguments in Game Settings.
- Type -D3D11 in the blank under that section.
- Click Done and save all the changes.
Close background apps running
Sometimes unnecessary applications left open in the background can slow down your game or cause it to crash. Because these applications process your resources and do not leave room for Warzone. Best to shut them down.
Here's how to close unnecessary apps running in the background:
- Press Ctrl, Alt and Delete together to open Task Manager.
- You can right click the application you want to close and click End task in the task manager.
- To close background apps, you can select the Processes tab at the top. To view Windows background processes, click More Details at the bottom.
- Click Options in the top menu bar, then select Always On Top
- When a process has been determined to be non-critical and you have saved the work you were doing on it, pick the process and click End Task in the bottom right corner.
Disable Discord Overlay
The overlay feature of some programs can cause CoD Warzone to crash. If you turn off the overlay of some programs, your Warzone crashing problem can be solved. For this, we will explain ways to disable it for both GeForce Experience and Discord.
Disabling Discord overlay:
- Launch Discord
- Click the gear icon in the left bottom
- Select the Overlay tab in the left section and toggle off Enable in-game overlay.
Disabling Geforce Experience overlay:
- Launch Geforce Experience
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner.
- Go to General and toggle off In-game overlay.
And that's it! If the problem is still going, you should move on to the solution 8.
Change your graphics settings
Some users claim that the newest CoD Warzone update's new texture streaming feature also cause Warzone crashing. Therefore, you can turn off Texture Streaming, turn off V-Sync, and lower other visual settings to make the game run more smoothly. You can lower your game settings or advanced system settings as well. For that, just select game settings in the main menu and lower everything.
Reinstall the game
If none of the 8 methods we gave you above worked, maybe you need to reinstall the game. Since we don't know what is causing Warzone crashing, reinstalling the game and refreshing all the files might be a solution.
For this, you should:
- Open your Battle.net account and click the gear icon next to Call of Duty: Warzone
- Select Uninstall from here
- After the game is completely removed from your computer, download it again and try.
Rename the game file
If none of the above solutions work, try renaming the game file. This approach may seem strange, but it has saved many players from the constant Warzone crashes.
- Launch the Battle.net client.
- Find Warzone, click the gear icon and open your settings.
- Click Show in Explorer and open the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder.
- Double-click the ModernWarfare.exe file and rename it as ModernWarfare.exe1.
Today we told you how to solve the crashing problem in Call of Duty Warzone game. We hope that one or more of the above solutions worked for you and you didn't feel the need to come to the last solution. But if your problem persists even after this, we recommend that you contact Blizzard's technical support. Most players have been able to solve the crashing issue with these methods. We hope we were able to assist you. That's all from us for now, take care!