How to make Rainbow Six: Siege fullscreen? [Solved]
Here are 6 tested ways to play Rainbow Six Siege in full screen mode on Windows PC.
Are you currently unable to make Rainbow Six Siege fullscreen? Or experiencing a ton of bugs while playing in the full screen display mode?
In this guide, we have compiled 6 handy solutions for you to follow along, in a step by step fashion. Let’s tackle these issues once and for all.
Solution 1: Toggle Full screen in Rainbow Six Siege with keyboard shortcuts like F11 or Alt Enter
This is a must know tip for any player on Windows PC. In almost any video game played on PC, you can activate fullscreen or exit it with any of these shortcuts below:
- [F11] key.
- [Alt] [Enter] at the same time.
- Hold [Fn] then press [F11], only if your keyboard has a Fn (function) key.
Solution 2: Change your Display settings in Rainbow Six Siege
The 2nd easiest way to go full screen in Rainbow Six Siege is by changing your settings in-game. To do this, follow 3 simple steps below.
Change your R6S display mode in-game:
- Press on the cogwheel or gear icon in the TOP RIGHT corner of your HOME SCREEN.
- Navigate to the [Display] tab.
- At the [Display Mode] setting, choose [Full Screen].
After applying your settings, if R6S is looking blurry, make sure you set the resolution to your monitor or screen’s native resolution. A safe bet would be 1920 x 1080, but if those settings aren’t good enough, here’s what you can do to find the recommended resolution for your PC.
How to find the Recommended resolution of your Monitor screen:
- Right click an empty space on your desktop and select [Display settings].
- Navigate to [Scale and Layout].
- Click on [Display resolution] to open a drop down menu, then look for an option that says “Recommended”.
- Use that resolution for Rainbow Six Siege.
If the issue persists, try deleting your Gamesetting.ini file. After that, restart the game and recalibrate your settings in-game.
Locate your ini file: [Documents folder → My Games → Rainbow Six Siege].
Before you delete, make a backup copy of the Gamesetting file. In the case of an error, simply rename your copy to “Gamesetting” and drop it back into your folder to fix it.
Solution 3: Try launching R6S in Steam with “-fullscreen” typed into Launch Options
Steam Launch Options is a fantastic Steam feature because it works for most games in your Steam library. With this feature, you can play in fullscreen, borderless fullscreen (Borderless windowed), or purely Windowed mode by force launching R6S in your preferred display option.
Here’s how you can use Steam Launch Options like a wizard:
- Find Rainbow Six Siege in your Steam Library.
- Right click and Select [Properties].
- In the launch options text zone, the settings you like.
- Close the menu to apply settings.
To launch in fullscreen, type -fullscreen.
To launch in Windowed Fullscreen / Borderless mode, type -popupwindow.
To launch in Windowed mode only, type -window.
Solution 4: Play R6S using Borderless Gaming Application
When in-game settings, Steam options, both are not working, it's time to turn to a third party option. That app is called Borderless Gaming and can be downloaded here: CodeUSA’s Borderless Gaming.
By using this application, you can turn any game Borderless fullscreen (Windowed fullscreen). After you download “Borderless Gaming”, install it and do the steps below:
- Open [Borderless Gaming], while R6S is running.
- Select the game: Rainbow Six Siege in the left column.
- Click on the 3rd button to enlarge Rainbow Six Siege to borderless mode.
- If you want to launch automatically in borderless mode, click on the 1st button.
Do note, this application is only forcing your game to display as a borderless windowed mode, and not a true full screen mode. So you can’t expect the performance benefits that typically come with fullscreen.
Solution 5: Unable to launch R6S or go fullscreen? Disable your Fullscreen Optimizations setting
You can choose to edit your file properties, and turn on the setting: [Disable fullscreen optimizations].
By doing so you should reduce - if not eliminate most of the conflicts caused by coding from the Microsoft Windows operating system with Rainbow Six Siege. These conflicts can result in bugs, which include: Game crashes on startup, Black Screen, FPS Drops, Stuttering, Alt-Tab crashing the game.
To disable fullscreen optimization, find the Rainbow Six Siege exe file:
- Locate your game file: Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rainbow Six Siege
- Right click exe file and select [Properties].
- Click on the [Compatibility] tab.
- Check the box for [Disable Fullscreen Optimizations].
- Hit [OK] to save settings.
Once this is done, try going fullscreen again with Alt-Enter or your in-game settings again.
Solution 6: Update or Reinstall your Graphics Driver Software to the Latest Version
If all solutions have not worked so far, it's time to try the good old "Have you tried turning it off and back again?" strategy. To do this, we'll be updating the Windows graphics drivers or reinstalling them to fix the software or any bugs.
How to update your NVIDIA or AMD graphics driver:
- Search for [Device Manager] and open it.
- Navigate to [Display adapters], double click to expand it, then select your driver.
- Double click to open your driver’s [Properties].
- Go to the [Driver] tab and press on [Update Driver].
- Choose [Search automatically for drivers] and finish the installation if there is a new update.
How to reinstall your NVIDIA graphics driver or AMD Radeon Software
- Under your driver properties, select [Uninstall Device].
- Restart your computer.
- Right click your desktop to open Nvidia Control Panel, then click on "Download drivers and software" to open up this link to download, reinstall your drivers.
- For AMD Radeon Software, simply head to their driver download page, then use their Auto Detect & Install function to reinstall your drivers.
With your graphics drivers reinstalled, the game should be able to run full screen mode with no fuss.
Voila, and now you get to play R6S comfortably in fullscreen. We highly recommend a few tweaks here and there to maximize your FPS performance and gameplay experience. Check out these handy guides: FPS optimization guide for Rainbow Six Siege, and the ping improvement guide for RB6 here.
Are you still unable to go fullscreen? Each computer is different, so if this guide could not resolve your bugs, check out this fullscreen guide on PUBG for alternative methods or workarounds.