How to view hours played and check playtime for Dead by Daylight?
Dead by Daylight is a four vs. one survival horror game with the ability to make you forget to keep track of time. Fortunately, there are tools to help you when you seek an answer to the question: how much time have I spent in Dead by Daylight? In this guide, we will take a look at Windows and console solutions, along with a third-party method.
How to check how many hours you have in Dead By Daylight on a PC
Since Dead by Daylight doesn’t have an in-game tracker for match time or runtime, you need to rely on other methods.
How to view Dead by Daylight hours played on Steam
- Launch Steam, or visit the website. Log in if needed.
- Navigate to the Library page.
- Select Dead by Daylight from the list.
- The play time is shown in the information bar in the middle of the screen.
The Steam play time counter shows the time the game process was running, which includes waiting for a trial, upgrading characters, etc.
How to view hours played in Dead by Daylight using Epic Games
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Go to your Library
- Find Dead by Daylight on the game list.
- If the view is set to List, the hours played appear right
- If the view is in Grid mode, you have to find the game and click on the “…” button.
How to view Dead by Daylight playtime on Xbox One and Series X
- Open the menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller
- Find the Profile & System menu
- Select My Profile
- Find the game under the Gaming tab and view Achievements.
- Alternatively, you can open the guide, go to the Game Activity tab, click on All Achievements, and select Stats.
How to view play time for Dead by Daylight for Xbox on PC
- Open a Browser
- Sign in to your account at account.xbox.com.
- Select your gamer profile picture on the top-right corner of the page, then select Xbox Profile > Achievements.
- Select Dead by Daylight, then select Achievements again. You’ll see your minutes played among the stats shown.
How to view hours played in Dead by Daylight on PS4 and PS5
- Turn on the console
- Navigate to the upper right corner and press X on your profile picture on the home screen.
- From the menu, select Profile and press X.
- On your profile page, select Games
- This page shows completion, trophies, and hours played; you just have to find Dead by Daylight.
It’s required to have a PSN account for this tracking method to work.
What’s the actual time you spent on Dead By Daylight
Every method listed above covers the total game time, and they won’t tell you how many hours you’ve spent as a killer or a victim. An average trial length is about 13 minutes, but you have to keep track of the number of trials yourself. That mean you will have to multiply the number of games by 13 to get the played time in minutes.
In a single-player game, it’s usually easier to find out the time spent; you can learn about how to view your game time in Dying Light 2: Staying Human right here, for example. In a game like Dead by Daylight, you usually have to rely on in-game stats, third-party trackers, math, or the crowd's wisdom. When it comes to in-game stats, this game doesn’t have useful statistics regarding match times. Because of this, third-party tracker websites can’t work properly either. This leaves you with two choices:
- You do the math yourself: keep track of the trials you’ve played. Then take the base time using one of the methods above, and take about 20% from it (matchmaking, skills settings, shopping, etc.). Then divide the remaining time by the number of trials you’ve played.
- Rely on the crowd's wisdom: The best length - and it’s the average length - of a trial in Dead by Daylight is between 10-15 minutes. Most players prefer the 12-13 minutes per trial because it’s not too short; they have a feeling of accomplishment.
Tracking game time for Dead by Daylight is not that hard; however, it seems harder to find out how many hours you’ve played the game. As you can see, you have a few options only, and it’s somewhat different than finding out how to view FPS in Dead by Daylight, which is a much easier task.
If you're interested in how to check total playtime in Rainbow Six Siege, we have an article for that as well!