How to Turn on Keep Inventory When Dying in Minecraft
Whether you are deeply lost inside a Minecraft Cave or are adventuring far away from your survival base, it is always a game killer if you suddenly die from falling, a creeper, or other aggressive mobs. Especially, if you lose your entire inventory with Explorer Maps and Diamonds! That is why we have provided below the best advice for how to keep your inventory when you die, even after death! Let's take a look at each way this can be completed.
How to Turn on Keep Inventory in Minecraft
Make Sure Cheats are Enabled
For any Edition of Minecraft, whether it is Bedrock or Java Edition, make sure that cheats are activated in the world by:
- Going to Settings.
- Click on the "Open to LAN" Option
- Scroll down to "Allow Cheats" and "ON" to allow cheats into the game.
- Proceed to select "Start LAN World"
Type in "Keep Inventory" Command
For Minecraft Java Edition, which is across all PC platforms, there is a game rule that allows you to keep inventory. Game rules can be easily changed if you know exactly what to type, and if cheats have been enabled. In this case with keeping an inventory, all you have to do is:
- Open the chat window by pressing the key "T"
- Type in the command "/gamerule keepInventory true"
- The game rule will be accepted if it shows "Gamerule keepInventory is now set to: true"
Keep Inventory in Bedrock Edition
If you are using a Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, or Xbox, you are using the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft, not the Java Edition. In this case make sure you:
- Go to the Main Menu and select "Settings"
- Go to Game Options
- Scroll down to "Cheats" and "Activate Cheats" to enable cheats in the game.
- Scroll down Cheats and select "Keep Inventory"
These game rules also apply for Minecraft Pocket Edition. You can also apply this to invite only Multiplayer games in a Minecraft world. Once you die in Minecraft, you will never need to worry anymore about losing your inventory items with this inventory cheat! Just make sure to keep inventory cheat during the End so you can keep some loot (like Eye of Ender)!