How to Fix Valorant Error Code 45
All games, especially new releases, are met with bugs and errors. Games such as Halo Infinite, Genshin Impact, games in closed beta, or even game releases on consoles like the Xbox One can’t evade bugs and errors. The Riot game Valorant is nothing different in showing its players various error codes.
The Valorant Error Code 45 is one of them. If you have encountered this error code, do not worry as here you will learn why you are getting the Valorant Error Code 45 and how you can fix it.
The Reason behind Valorant Error Code 45
On the official support site banner for Riot Games it is stated that the meaning behind Valorant Error Code 45 is “Vanguard Reboot required”. The average Valorant player might not understand what this even means as it doesn’t clearly explain the Valorant Error Code 45, just partially.
The Valorant Error Code 45 mainly appears because the Riot Vanguard is not running as it should be. There might have appeared problems with Vanguard during your start of the Riot Client for the game, or possibly a faulty installation of Vanguard may have been performed in the beginning.
The Valorant Error Code 45 is not really that complicated. Fully knowing why you are getting the Valorant Error Code 45 in the game, next up you will learn solutions on how you can fix it.
How to Fix Valorant Error Code 45
Restart the Riot Client
The first possible solution you can try is to restart the Riot Client. Even Riot Games recommends you first try this solution. To restart the Riot Client, you will have to open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. When the Task Manager opens up, select the Processes bar above and locate the Riot Client. Once you locate it, select it and click on End task to close the Riot Client process. You can also end all Riot Games and Valorant related processes to increase the chances of fixing the Valorant Error Code 45.
If restarting the Riot Client and the Valorant game client didn’t work out for you, don’t worry as there are still more solutions you can try out to fix the Valorant Error Code 45.
The Vanguard anti-cheat system is one of the best out there. Although it comes with its fair share of bugs and errors too. Because of this, Vanguard has been criticized a lot in recent times.
Reinstalling Vanguard is one of the best solutions to fixing a lot of error codes, one such being the Valorant Error Code 45. Next, you will learn how you can reinstall Vanguard step-by-step:
- Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and end the Riot Client and all Valorant related processes. On the Windows Taskbar, you can also click on the arrow pointing up to open the System Tray and close off all Valorant apps running in the background
- In the Search Bar below find the Command Prompt, right-click it and select “Run as administrator”
- In the Command Prompt type in both of these commands: “sc delete vgc”, hit Enter, and “sc delete vgk”, hit Enter.
- Restart your PC
- On your PC search for the Riot Vanguard folder, it should be located in the Program Files folder
- Once you locate the Riot Vanguard, right-click it and delete it
- Open the Riot Client, this should start installing Vanguard anew
- Restart your PC again and try to play Valorant
Reinstalling the Riot Vanguard is the best solution to fixing the Valorant Error Code 45, but if this didn’t work out for you, then the final solution you can try out is to reinstall Valorant.
If you have noticed lag, bugs, and errors before encountering the Valorant Error Code 45, then the problem is probably more deep-rooted. In this situation, you should try to reinstall Valorant. Here is how you can do it:
- Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and end all Valorant game processes. You can also do this in the Windows Taskbar below, click on the arrow pointing up to open the System Tray options, right-click the Vanguard and all Valorant processes and exit them
- In the Search Bar below, find Apps & features, locate Valorant, select it and click on Uninstall
- After uninstalling Valorant, go on the official Riot Games site and install Valorant anew
If the Valorant Error Code 45 still persists, then your final bet is to
Contact Riot Support
The Riot Support team is great. It’s full of professionals who will help any Valorant player fix all their issues and error codes. You can submit a request to them about your Valorant Error Code 45 here.
Be it with the party system, your Riot ID, Vanguard, or the Riot Client, error codes in the Valorant game are an annoyance. If you have previously encountered the Valorant Error Code 46, you can check it out here. If you want to check out other error codes and solutions for them, you can pay a visit to the Valorant Error Code Hub.