Through Disabling Team Voice Chat in Valorant Settings
By turning off your team voice chat, you can mute people in Valorant outside your party while still being able to communicate with your friends.
All you have to do is simply disable the team voice chat in your audio settings.
- Click the gear icon on your main menu
- Click Settings.
- Select Audio, then go to the Voice Chat tab.
- Find the Team Chat Option and turn it off.
And while you're at the Audio tab, you might want to optimize your Valorant audio settings as well; well, if you won't be hearing your teammates, you might want to hear other sounds so that you have all the info you need.
By Disabling Team Voice Chat in Communications Window
You can also turn off team voice chat without accessing the in-game settings! This is convenient when you're in a lobby or already in the agent selection process.
- Click on the Audio Icon underneath your username in the lobby, or the Audio Icon beside your name in agent select.
- Turn off the Team Chat option.
- Click Save & Close to apply the changes.
Additionally, you can mute individual players in Agent select by clicking the small speaker icon next to their name. I used to mute all Duelist Agents automatically when I was at lower ranks, don't ask why...
However, you should keep in mind that when your team's voice chat is disabled, you won't be able to send voice chats to them either!
Through Disabling Team Voice Communication In-Game
- Press Esc asson
- Click on the Match tab
- You will see the Team Voice option under the Allow Communication box
- Uncheck voice chat to block audio of a certain player
Additionally, you can also lower the team voice volume if their mic is too loud.
By Muting Written Messages
In Valorant, you also have the option to mute text chat, which can be useful to block out messages from occasionally toxic teammates. This allows you to concentrate better on the game. Here's how to do it:
- Press the Esc asson.
- Click on the Match tab.
- Locate the Text Chat option under the Allow Communication box.
- Uncheck the box next to the players you wish to mute.
Additionally, you have the option to mute all enemy chat if you prefer not to see messages from the opposing team.