Valorant system requirements require some specific parameters to run smoothly on any Windows computer.
Additionally, Riot Games releases new patches after every Act, and sometimes within an act, to fix bugs, update maps, and adjust agents' strengths or weaknesses. Therefore, it's essential to have a stable internet connection for updating the game.
Besides the reasons mentioned above, here are some other factors that might cause a Valorant update to pause frequently:
- Running too many applications simultaneously can slow down the update process.
- When many devices are connected to the same internet, it can lead to bandwidth issues.
- Faulty DNS settings can disrupt the connection to the game servers.
- The Windows Defender Firewall might be blocking the Riot Client and Valorant game files, hindering the update.
- If you play Valorant on Mac, this issue could happen due to the nature of your hardware, and might be very difficult to fix.
How to Fix Valorant Update Keeps on Pausing
Fix Unstable Internet Speed
A primary reason for update pauses in Valorant is an unstable internet connection. If you suspect this is the case, resetting your network settings might help resolve the issue.
To reset your network settings, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app by pressing the Win+I hotkey. Then, navigate to the 'Network & Internet' tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click on the 'Advance Network Settings' option.
- Finally, click on the 'Network Reset' option and press the 'Reset Now' asson.
If resetting your network settings on your computer doesn't resolve the issue, the next step is to manually reset your router. To do this, simply unplug the router and modem. After waiting for about a minute, replug them.
This action will reset your router's cache, helping to eliminate any errors that might be affecting your internet speed.
Close Background Apps
Waiting for a Valorant update can be tedious, but it's important to avoid multitasking during this time. Minimizing Valorant and using other apps can slow down the update, as these applications consume your internet speed and bandwidth.
Allow Valorant to go Through Firewall
To fix Valorant bugs, it's essential to let the game pass through the Windows Defender Firewall, the built-in antivirus system of Windows. While it may seem challenging, the process is as easy as A-B-C.
Just follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel, then select 'Windows Defender Firewall'.
- Select "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" on the left side.
- On the next screen, press "Change Settings" and add Valorant.