How To Easily Record Apex Legends Gameplay And Clips
Apex Legends is a highly intense FPS in which something interesting takes place in every single game. So if you ever regretted not recording all the exciting moments from Apex Legends, now is the time to correct that mistake. In this article, you'll learn how to effortlessly record Apex Legends gameplay videos and clips on each available platform, so let's dig in without further ado.
What’s The Best Way To Record Apex Legends Gameplay and Clips?
The best way to record Apex Legends gameplay is by using two software that has the most advanced features but are still quite straightforward and user-friendly. The first program is Powder, which uses artificial intelligence to detect and capture the best Apex Legends moments automatically. On top of that, you can also select Apex Legends quests in this program and complete them to receive some great rewards, including gift cards!
The second program is Gazoom, which auto-captures your Apex Legends highlights and stores them on your personal cloud, so you can easily view and edit these videos - even on your mobile device! Additionally, Gazoom has a wide variety of video editing tools, color filters, text and gif support, and much more.
Each of these methods is quite user-friendly and straightforward so that anyone will be able to record Apex Legends videos and clips without a hitch.
How To Record Apex Legends Clips In A Few Clicks (Or Taps)?
The most undemanding method of recording the Apex Legends gameplay videos and clips is using the Xbox Game Bar on a PC. This software is already featured in Windows 10 (and above), so you won't have to install it or set it up.
To begin recording Apex Legends gameplay videos using the Xbox Game Bar, press the Windows button + Alt + G on your keyboard simultaneously and click on the "Start Recording."
You can also use the Windows button + Alt + R to record videos manually or the Windows button + Alt + G to record clips for up to 30 seconds.
Xbox Game Bar will store recorded videos and clips in C:\Users\username\Videos\Captures.
And if you play Apex Legends on mobile devices (Android and iOS), here's how you can record it:
Android: Open the Play Games app and run Apex Legends through it. Once you do, you'll receive an option to record gameplay on the screen's top. Tap the record icon to start recording, and drag the icon on the screen's center to stop.
iOS: Head to the Control Center and enable the screen recording by tapping the + icon next to that option. Then, once you open the Apex Legends on your iOS device, tap the gray record button to begin recording. To stop, tap the same button (which is now red) or tap the red status bar on the screen's top.
The Best Methods Of Recording Gameplay and Clips In Apex Legends
Naturally, there are numberless ways to record Apex Legends gameplay, whether by using the capture card or specialized screen-recording software.
However, it's worth mentioning that plenty of gameplay recording software requires lots of GPU and CPU power, which can make things difficult for those with low-end computers and prevent them from recording and playing Apex Legends smoothly.
We personally tried and tested plenty of them, so you won't have to, and we got a fix on these methods we're about to show you below.
We got more similar articles if you're enjoying this one so far, so find out how to record Call Of Duty Warzone gameplay.
Method #1: Nvidia GeForce Experience
This is how you can record Apex Legends gameplay using the Nvidia GeForce Experience:
- Download the most up-to-date version of the software and install it. It will run automatically.
- Open the GeForce Experience and click on the settings cog icon in the upper right corner.
- Tick the green button to enable the in-game overlay.
- Select "Settings" under the in-game overlay tab. You'll now have various basic options which you can change, like the default video folder, keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- Once you're ready to move on, head back to the "Settings" and select the "Video capture" option.
Now, you'll be able to adjust more advanced video options, such as the frame rate, bit rate, video quality, etc. In addition, default options are set automatically based on your GPU, so you won't need to change any settings unless you want to.
Once you're sure that all settings are adequate, press the keyboard shortcut for recording (Alt + F9 for manual recording and Alt + F10 for clips) while playing the Apex Legends, and ta-da!
You'll find Apex Legends videos and clips recorded using GeForce Experience in C:\Users\<Username>\Videos folder.
Method #2: Radeon ReLive
For those with AMD GPU, here's how to record Apex Legends gameplay via Radeon ReLive:
- Head to the official website of AMD and download the Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition. Once you install it, you'll receive the prompt to restart your PC.
- Once you do, open the AMD Radeon settings and click on the ReLive tab.
- Tick the ReLive button to enable this option.
You'll now have multiple options that you can change, from keyboard hotkeys and default video folder to advanced audio/video options and tweaks.
Unlike the "Green" counterpart, AMD Radeon ReLive has a much cleaner UI, and it's simply user-friendlier than GeForce Experience. Once you're ready to record Apex Legends gameplay, press and hold down the Ctrl + Shift + R simultaneously, and you'll find these videos and clips in C:\Users\<Username>\Videos\Radeon ReLive folder.
Method #3: Outplayed
To record Apex Legends gameplay using the Outplayed, follow these steps:
- Head to the official website of the Overwolf and download the latest version of the Outplayed. Once you run it for the first time, you'll have to select Apex Legends and click on "Next."
- You'll need to select one of the preset video profiles or customize the video settings manually in the next step. Here, you'll be able to choose from Low, Medium, High, and Custom settings, so set this according to your PC's power.
- The third step is to allocate the disk space and change the default folder for Apex Legends videos and clips recorded using the Outplayed. Make sure not to exceed your hard disk space, and select "Next" to move on.
- You'll then get to the last part of the auto-configuration, where you'll be able to adjust the default keyboard shortcuts, which are optional. Finally, select "Done" to finalize the steps.
As you can tell from the screenshot, you'll now be able to select various capture modes and record highlights only, full Apex Legends match, full session (multiple matches), or manual record only.
Speaking of which, if you'd like to record Apex Legends videos or clips manually using the outplayed, hold down the Ctrl + F4 for videos or Ctrl + F3 for clips.
Then, whenever you wish to re-watch your videos or clips, you'll find them in the C:\Users\<Username>\Videos\Overwolf\Outplayed folder.
How To Record Apex Legends Gameplay On Xbox
If you thought recording Apex Legends on PC was easy, wait 'till you see how easy it is on the consoles. To record Apex Legends on your Xbox, press and hold the dedicated share button on the controller, and the same goes for the stopping recording.
How To Record Apex Legends Gameplay On PlayStation
In like manner, if you'd like to record Apex Legends on your PlayStation console, press the share button on the controller two times and then two times to stop recording.
How To Record Apex Legends Gameplay On Nintendo Switch
Lastly, if you'd like to record Apex Legends on your Nintendo Switch console, press and hold the left-hand controller capture button, or if you have a regular controller, press the button above the left thumbstick.
Other Mentionable Ways Of Recording Apex Legends Gameplay
Here's an honorable mention of other ways to record Apex Legends mobile and PC gameplay:
- Outplayed (Automatically captures your best Apex Legends moments, but it's not suitable for long game footage)
- AZ Screen Recorder - Android (Feature-rich screen recorder for mobile devices that comes with plenty of pesky ads)
- Adobe Captivate (Best choice for making the Apex Legends guides and tutorials, but requires a subscription)
- Mobizen (Supports screen mirroring and other advanced features but drains the battery fast)
- Action! (Perfect for those with low-end PCs, but it's limited unless buying the full version)
All of the methods we mentioned in this article have their pros and cons, and not all of them will be perfect for everyone. In the end, it all falls to personal choice, but whichever method of recording Apex Legends gameplay you choose, you'll be able to do it straightforwardly.
If you are a content creator wanting to make more money off playing Apex Legends, make sure to also check out this article: How To Earn Money Playing Apex Legends [Legit Ways]