Fortnite Error Code 10022: How to Fix It
Fix Error Code 10022 Fortnite: Why you’re getting the Error Code and how to Fix It.
Any game has its bugs and errors, and Epic Games’ Fortnite isn’t anything different. They can appear for many reasons, including problems with the Epic Games servers, issues with the Easy Anti Cheat, etc.
One of these error codes is the Fortnite Error Code 10022. So if you’ve encountered this error code, don’t worry because here you’ll learn why you’re getting it and how to fix Error Code 10022 Fortnite, so you can start playing the game with the best Marvel skins again!
The Reason behind Fortnite Error Code 10022
Fortnite Error Code 10022 will appear right after you try to start the game with the error message “Couldn’t start the game - Error Code: 10022…Easy Anti-Cheat can check online…”. So the Fortnite Error 10022 appears because of problems with the Easy Anti Cheat which exists to prevent cheating.
This Easy Anti Cheat error occurs mostly due to some corrupted EAC files, game files, or corrupted data on your PC overall. They’re data that the Easy Anti Cheat needs to run properly, so if they’re corrupted they can cause this Easy Anti Cheat error when you try to launch the Fortnite game.
Knowing why this error occurs is key because next, you’ll learn fixes and solutions for the Fortnite Error Code 10022 to start getting kills with the best SMGs!
How to Fix Fortnite Error Code 10022
Repair Easy Anti Cheat System
The first solution to fix the unexpected Error 10022 is to repair the Easy Anti Cheat system. Easy Anti has an app for its proper repairing and uninstallation, so you can play the game properly. Here’s how you can repair Easy Anti Cheat:
- Type This PC on the Search Bar below and open the first app
- Find the EAC folder where you’ve installed it. The most usual location of the EAC Folder: “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\EasyAntiCheat”
- Open the EasyAntiCheat_Setup file
- Click on Repair Service, wait, then click on Finish
After this, you should be able to launch the Fortnite game without the Fortnite Error 10022 bothering you. Though if this Fortnite problem persists, follow the solutions below so you can start leveling up fast again!
Reinstall Easy Anti Cheat (Verify Game Files)
The second solution you can do to fix Fortnite Error Code 10022 is to reinstall the Easy Anti Cheat. To reinstall the Easy Anti for this unexpected error, you can either do it from the EasyAntiCheat_Setup file from the above solution like in Error 10011, or you can delete the EAC files manually.
A lot of other players have reported that deleting the EAC files alongside other Fortnite game data directly has helped them fix this Fortnite Error 10022, so here’s how you can do it:
- Open This PC by searching for it in the Search Bar below
- Find the Fortnite directory for the EAC folder where you’ve installed it. Most usual location: “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64”
- Delete these folders and apps in the Win64 folder:
- BattlEye folder
- EasyAntiCheat folder
- Open the Epic Games launcher
- Click on Library on the left
- Locate the Fortnite game on the Epic Games launcher
- Click on the triple dots beside it to open the settings
- Select Verify
The verification process will verify all the game files you’ve deleted from the game directory, so it’ll reinstall them properly had they’ve been corrupted causing Fortnite Error 10022. Try to launch the game and see if you can play Fortnite with the best DC skins. If you’re still getting the Fortnite Error 10022, then maybe the problem’s because of your PC.
Update your Windows PC
The third solution to fix Fortnite Error Code 10022 is to update your Windows PC. Updating your Operating System will do you wonders as updates will keep you more secure, fix corrupted data, make other programs running in the background more smooth, and even help you prevent the Fortnite Error 10022. Here’s how you can update your Windows computer:
- In the Search Bar below, type Settings and open the first option
- Select the Update and Security section
- Click on Check for updates and update your computer
This should fix Fortnite Error 10022 and make other programs running on your PC secure. Though if the Fortnite Error Code 1022 still appears, then you’ll have to do more tinkering on your device before you play the Fortnite game with the best FPS again.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
The third solution you can try out to fix Fortnite Error Code 10022 is to reinstall and fix Visual C++. You’ll need to know what type of Operating System you have before you do this. Here’s how you can check what type of an OS you use:
- In the Search Bar below, type This PC
- Right-click the first option and select Properties
- Under the System Type option check if it’s either 32bit or 64bit
Now you’re ready to reinstall Visual C++. To do this, visit the official Microsoft Visual C++ Website. To fix Fortnite Error 1022 and prevent other error codes as well, download the proper file.
- If you’re using a 64bit PC, download the X64 file
- If you’re using a 32bit PC, download the X86 file
Once you fully download the proper file, open it and select Repair. If you don’t see a Repair option, follow the Visual C++ installation as usual. After this, you’ll want to check your whole device for any corrupted data to solve this Fortnite Error 10022.
Check Device for Corrupted Data
Sometimes your device can cause Fortnite Error 10022 issues with any corrupted program or app data for the game. That’s why you should check your device for corrupted data manually. Here’s how you can do that:
- Type Command Prompt in the Search Bar below and right-click the first option
- Once you right-click Command Prompt, select Run as administrator
- Type the following command in the Command prompt: “sfc /scannow”
- Press Enter
- Wait until the process is finished
With this, you should probably get rid of Fortnite Error Code 10022 so you can launch Fortnite freely. Though if all the fixes above didn’t help you out, then the last solution you can try is to:
The last solution from all the fixes you can try to fix the Fortnite Error Code 10022 is to reinstall Fortnite. This will give the game a clean and fresh new start to prevent any other error code. Here’s how you can reinstall Fortnite:
- Open the Epic Games launcher
- Click on Library on the left and locate the Fortnite game
- Select the triple dots beside it and click on Uninstall
- Wait a bit, then try restarting your PC
- Install Fortnite again from the Epic Games launcher
- Once the installation is finished, restart your device again
This should’ve solved your Fortnite Error 10022 so you can launch Fortnite, start playing, and flex with the rarest skins. Though if you’re still getting the Error Code 10022, then you should:
Contact Epic Games Support
The Epic Games support team exists to help and provide support to Fortnite players with any error they may suffer. So if your Fortnite Error 10022 persists, you can contact the support team here.
Fortnite bugs and errors about the Easy Anti, Internet connection, and even party lobbies are a big annoyance to deal with like with this Fortnite Error Code 10022. That’s why you should always stay with the best solutions for any Fortnite error code and check out the Fortnite error behind packet loss for problems with the Internet.