How To Play Against Bots in Fortnite
Do you ever just want to leisurely play in Battle Royale against AI bots instead of Pro Players? We do too! Unfortunately, most multiplayer games like Halo Infinite, Apex Legends, Call of Duty Black Ops, Elden Ring, and Star Wars Battlefront restrict you to playing against normal players. However, Epic Games’ Fortnite Battle Royale is an exception. Keep reading to learn how you can play against in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 today!
How To Play Against Bots in Fortnite Battle Labs
The best way to get into a bot lobby in Fortnite is through Battle Labs. Fortnite Battle Labs is a private Fortnite Battle Royale island that you can edit with custom rules. You can setup your own game mode and invite your Fortnite friends to play your custom Battle Labs island with you!
Here is how to play against bots in Fortnite Battle Labs:
- Launch Fortnite Battle Lab and select Create a Battle Lab. You can edit the settings in the bottom right corner, as long as you remember to keep Experimental set to On.
- Once you’ve launched your game you’ll spawn into the current Fortnite Chapters Battle Royale map. Land on the map and begin looting.
- Search for Friendly Bot Grenades and Enemy Bot Grenades.
- Once you find grenades you can throw them, and a bot will spawn on the thrown location.
A Friendly Bot Grenade will spawn a bot on your team, and an Enemy Bot Grenade will spawn Fortnite bots that will try and eliminate you. We like grabbing a Fortnite Sniper Rifle or Fortnite Pistol and practicing our aim on these bots.
Racking up Victory Royale’s Playing against bots is a great way to get some Battle Royale practice in, and avoid real players! If you want even further Battle Royale practice with fewer bots we recommend hopping into some Fortnite Creative Aim Maps and Practice Courses.
How To Play Against Bots in Fortnite Battle Royale
Playing against bots in Fortnite Battle Royale consistently is possible, but more difficult than in Battle Labs. In order to have a game full of AI soldiers you’ll need to have a second account on Playstation Plus, Nintendo Switch Sports, Xbox Game Pass, or some other online gaming platform.
Here is how to play against bots in Fortnite Battle Royale with a second account:
- Create a brand new second Epic Games account on another device, and join your second account's Battle Royale lobby.
- Launch the Battle Royale game mode in either Duos, Trios, or Squads with Fill turned off in the custom matchmaking settings, and wait for matchmaking to complete.
- Leave the lobby with the second account after matchmaking is finished to preserve your new player status.
- You will now be in a full Battle Royale lobby of AI controlled players.
It’s important you leave the lobby with the second account before the game begins, because you need to keep your second account in the unskilled players status.
Epic Games uses skill based matchmaking to determine what Fortnite players to put you up against. In order to get an original gauge of skill level Epic Games puts newer players in bot lobbies for the first few games. If your second account leaves the lobby before the game begins, your second account will never be assigned a skill level, and it will never matchmake against normal players.
As long as your second account never plays a full game, you can always join your second games party with your main account to play against bots in Battle Royale consistently, and never come across a human player again.
Also, we should mention since the first Fortnite Chapter, up throughout Fortnite Chapter 2, and still in Fortnite Chapter 3 there are bots in all non-arena Battle Royale games.
If you’re curious about some more tips to improve your Fortnite game, the article Best Ways To Win Fortnite has tips that have worked in the original Fortnite Chapter, Fortnite Chapter 2, and Chapter 3! Also, if you’re looking for some awesome Chapter 2 Battle Pass skins I recommend checking out the Best Fortnite Skins of All Time, and Best Fortnite Soccer Skins.