The zombie-survivor shooter DayZ has a great community, and with the recent server wipe that came with the latest game version, now is the best time to join the fun! When you join, though, you might lose track of time trying to get to safety, survive, and keep your life together. To help you find out how you can view hours played and check playtime in Dayz, we have gathered a guide similar to our tutorial about how to check hours spent on Ark: Survival Evolved. Since DayZ doesn’t have in-game tracking, you must rely on the console and Steam accounts’ tracking capabilities.
How to view hours played check playtime in DayZ on PC with Steam
The Steam App also offers gametime statistics, which are easy to view. The difference is that Steam shows playtime even if you've uninstalled the game. Here are the steps to find how much you've played DayZ via Steam:
- Open the Steam app on your PC.
- Go to the Steam Games Library Home page.
- Find DayZ in the list and click on it.
- The hours played appear in the near-middle of the main screen in the bar where you can Install/Play the game.
How to view hours played in DayZ on consoles
DayZ is available on the next-gen consoles like Xbox Series X and Playstation 5, and since you can bring over your already established accounts, it’s easy to find out how many hours you’ve invested in DayZ.
How to view Dayz playtime on Xbox One and Series X
- Open the menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller
- Find the Profile & System menu
- Select My Profile
- Find DayZ under the Gaming tab and view Achievements.
- Alternatively, you can open the guide, go to the Game Activity tab, click on All Achievements, and select Stats.
How to view playtime for DayZ for Xbox on PC
- Open your favorite browser or the Xbox app
- Sign in to your account at account.xbox.com.
- Select your gamer profile picture on the top-right corner of the page, then select Xbox Profile > Achievements.
- Select DayZ, then select Achievements again. You’ll see your minutes played with your stats.
How to view hours played in DayZ on PS4 and PS5
- Turn on your console
- Navigate to the upper right corner and press X on your profile picture on the home screen.
- From the menu, select Profile and press X.
- On your profile page, select Games and find DayZ on the list.
- This page shows completion and trophies, along with hours played. Keep in mind that this option is not available on PS4, but it’s working on PS5, with the hours played on the previous console version included.
DayZ is available on all major consoles and PC, and the ways above are the easiest ways to view this information. This game from Bohemia Interactive brought together a great online community on Reddit and other forums. Even though its best feature is the PVP battle, people can rely on each other in this game. With the recent server wipe, most players have to start a new game, but indeed, the people who worked together before will find each other. DayZ may not be a new game, but it’s a sight for sore eyes on PC and consoles. If you want to set up the best performance-quality settings, you should check out our guide on how to view FPS in Dayz, which will help you find the best method to test the performance of your machine quickly!
And for more articles on DayZ, we also have a guide on how to show your ping.