How to make item sets in League of Legends?
Having a predesigned set of items for your champions in League of Legends can save you some valuable time, let’s get know how to make these!
In League of Legends, there are many variables that can affect whether victory will be on your side or not. One major key to winning your solo games is proper itemization. One good way to do that is to prepare custom item sets before queueing up in the League of Legends client.
How to make item sets in League of Legends
A lot of players might feel lost with what to build for their main champions when it comes to situational items, starting items, etc. Creating Item sets before queuing is a good way to strategize and save time instead of browsing the item shop. Also, thanks to Riot Games, it is possible for summoners to import builds if they happen to uninstall the game for some reason. To learn how to make your own item sets for a specific champion, follow these steps.
- In the League of Legends client, click on "Collection".
- Now click on "Items".
- Select now "Create new item set"
- In the following section click the "Plus" icon.
- After this, you'll find yourself in the "Item set configuration menu".
- In this menu, there are several options on the right: "Starter items", "Core items", etc.
- Build your item sets in blocks, by dragging the item to "Starter items" blocks or "Core items" blocks respectively.
- After you through each step and section, click on the "Save" button to set your new build.
Now you are good to create in game item sets in League of Legends, in this menu, there are several useful features to find items such as the item set search bar, which is great for cases where you can't find "Zhonya's Hourglass", "Howling Abyss". Or you can also sort them by type on the left side of the item set creator.
How to use preferred item slots?
The cherry on top that Riot Games added to create item sets in League of Legends is that you can fix an item to one slot in custom item sets so you won't always know what button to press according to your item builds in the Summoner's Rift. If you want to stick a specific item to a button, follow these steps.
- Once you have your first item set, place the cursor over an item.
- Click on the grid that appears on top of it.
- Select the number you want that item to be on.
Just like that, you can customize your item sets in League of Legends and assign more than one item to a button. But you can also import item sets from third parties.
Can you import item sets?
Currently, you can copy the recommended items for a champion from websites such as Mobafire, which any hardcore League of Legends fan knows this website is constantly updated with the meta choices wehn it comes to item sets and builds in general. So if you want a custom item set from that or any other page dedicated to this, follow these steps to have it in your account.
- Enter this website: https://www.binaryalien.net/buildcopier/mobafire.html
- On the first bar of this page, you can put a name to the first item set you copy.
- Paste the item build from Mobafire on the second bar and click "Submit".
- Copy the generated link, and go to the League client.
- Click on “Import item set”.
- Click on “Paste copied set”.
And that's it, have fun with your new item set in the Summoner's Rift.
Having item sets in League of Legends makes everything easier in the shop for things as simple as when you have to buy wards, and you don't even have to think about your first item set, all you have to do is click select to the items you already have in your set and that's it. To purchase in game from sets that already exist is also a way for any new player to not feel overwhelmed on what to equip on the many champions that there already are.