Fortnite Error Code 14: How to Fix It
Every game contains some kind of bugs and errors. And Epic Games’ Fortnite Battle Royale isn’t anything different, meeting its players with all sorts of errors. These can range from problems with the graphics card to a server issue and problems with the Epic Games launcher, be it on your PC or XBOX One.
One of these error codes is the Fortnite Error Code 14. So if you’ve encountered this error code, don’t worry because here you’ll learn exactly why you’re getting it and how to fix Error Code 14 Fortnite to start winning with that SMG!
The Reason behind Fortnite Error Code 14
Fortnite Error Code 14 will appear on your screen as soon as you try to open the game. It’ll appear with an Easy Anti Cheat error, and also with the error message “Game Client encountered an application error” in the game. There isn’t much information, but basically, Fortnite Error Code 14 appears because of missing or corrupted game files.
This Fortnite Error Code 14 can especially appear after a recent game update. Even if there wasn’t an update, your game files may have become corrupted through time. Knowing this is key going forwards because you’ll learn exactly what to do to fix Fortnite Error Code 14 to get the best back blings from that juicy Fortnite Epic Games store!
How to Fix Fortnite Error Code 14
Verify Fortnite Game Files
The first solution you can try to fix Fortnite Error Code 14 is to verify the game files. This solution also helped players that have encountered Error Code 91. Here’s how you can verify the Fortnite game files step-by-step:
- Firstly press Windows Key and search for Epic Games launcher
- Open the Fortnite launcher app, and click on the Library option on the left
- Locate the Fortnite game
- Once you find Fortnite, click on the triple dots and select Verify
- Wait until the process is finished and open the game
Verifying the game files should’ve hopefully fixed your Fortnite Error Code 14 so you can become the best player out there. But if the error code still persists, don’t worry there are still more solutions left you can try out.
Reinstall Visual C++
The second solution you can try to fix Fortnite Error Code 14 is to reinstall Visual C++. Fortnite depends on its running on this app, and sometimes it knows how to misbehave. This can often happen probably due to a Windows Update. Here’s how you can fix Visual C++ for Fortnite:
- Go to the official Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable site
- Scroll below, and either click on x64 or x86 to download the proper Visual C++
- You need to download the proper one depending on your Operating System type. To check this first go to the Search Bar below, search for This PC, right-click it and select Properties. The “System Type” option will show you the personal information for the OS type
- Once you download the proper Visual C++ file, open it and go through the necessary steps so it can be installed to run for the proper game folder
A lot of Fortnite players reported this was the best fix for their Fortnite Error Code 14. It’s also used in Error Code 1011 which is connected to the Easy Anti Cheat system, its repair service, and especially uninstallation, which we’ll take a look at next.
Reinstall Easy Anti Cheat System
The third fix you can try for Fortnite Error Code 14 is to reinstall the Easy Anti Cheat system. This system is connected closely to the game, so it can cause a number of error codes or an issue to appear. Here’s how you can reinstall the Fortnite Easy Anti Cheat:
- Go to the Search Bar below and search for This PC
- Open the C:\ Partition, go to Program Files, then Epic Games -> Fortnite -> FortniteGame -> Binaries -> Win64 -> EasyAntiCheat (“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\EasyAntiCheat”). You’ll open the EasyAntiCheat folder
- Click and open the EasyAntiCheat_Setup file
- Select the Uninstall option, wait some time, then click on the Install option
If this fixed your issue with Fortnite Error Code 14, you should go ahead and thank the bus driver! But if not, there is still one solution left you can try.
Reinstall the Fortnite Game
The last solution you can try to fix Fortnite Error Code 15 is to reinstall the game completely. Some delete it from the Fortnite folder, but it can be done from the Epic Games launcher itself. That'll give a fresh new start to those corrupted game files. Here’s how you can reinstall Fortnite:
- Open the Epic Games launcher and go to the Library on the left
- Locate the Fortnite game
- Once you find it, click on the triple dots and select Uninstall
- Now restart your PC, open the Epic Games launcher again and reinstall Fortnite
This should definitely make you enjoy those hoodie skins again. But if you still get the Error Code 14, then you should:
Contact Epic Games Support
The Epic Games support team exists to help all Fortnite players with any error codes they may suffer. You can contact the Epic Games support team here.
From problems with the Anti Virus software to issues with the Fortnite servers, error codes know no boundary. That’s why you should keep yourself updated on the latest news and catch up on some related articles and related posts about solutions for error codes, such as Error Code 19007.