How To Change Language in For Honor Quickly
For Honor players are often struggling to find ways to change the language in their game. This is because of region lock issues. If you’re one of them, then make sure to read our guide to the end as we are going to explain how to change language in For Honor.
For Honor is available on three platforms. There is an option to change the language in the game from the settings, but a lot of players are unable to change it through that. Thankfully, there exist some alternate methods as well.
How To Change Language in For Honor
First, let’s talk about how you can change the language in For Honor through the in-game settings. The process is pretty quick and simple. Furthermore, this option is available for all platforms. Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch For Honor
- Open the Main Menu
- Open the Options tab
- Go to Language, which can be found under Controls
- From here, you can select the Menu Language along with the Voice Language
After making the changes, return to the main menu, and you’ll now see a different language in the game.
How To Change Language in For Honor on PC
PC players can try changing the language through two other methods if the in-game option isn’t working for them or if they can’t find their preferred language there.
How To Change Language in For Honor Through Steam
If you’re on PC and cannot change the language of your game because of region lock issues, we recommend changing the language through Steam. This can be done by following the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Steam client and open your game library where For Honor is
- Left-click on For Honor’s icon to access its properties
- Click on the Language option on the left side
- Choose your preferred language and restart Steam
By following these steps, you will hopefully manage to change the language in For Honor.
You can also check out our Brawlhalla language changing guide if you’re trying to change it in that game as well.
How To Change Language in For Honor By Editing A File
Another method to change language in For Honor is by editing a specific file. This method is also quick and simple, as you can do it through these steps:
- Open the folder where you installed For Honor
- Look around for a file named “Options.ini”
- Open this file by using the Notepad
- Scroll down and find the Language text
- Replace the $ sign in front of Language ID with the language code, i.e Language ID= 1
- Save the file and launch For Honor again
After you save the file and start the game, you’ll see your preferred language this time. Some of the language codes include:
- 1 for English
- 2 for French
- 7 for Simplified Chinese
- 8 for Traditional Chinese
- 13 for Russian
- 19 for Brazilian Portuguese
- 5 for German
- 24 for Spanish
- 12 for Korean
- 10 for Japanese
- 14 for Dutch
- 9 for Italian
How To Change Language in For Honor on PS4
PS4 players can try changing the language of their console. This method has worked for many players, and it might turn out to be a solution for you as well. The process of changing the system language in PS4 is a walk in the park, as you can do it within a minute. For this, you will need to:
- Go to the Settings of your PS4
- Open the Language settings
- Choose your desired language from the list that will appear on your screen
- Exit the settings and restart your PS4
Once done, launch For Honor again to play it in your new language.
How To Change Language in For Honor on Xbox One
If you’re on Xbox One, you will also need to try your luck by changing the system language of your console. This can be done by following these steps:
- Open the Main Menu and go to Settings
- Find an option allied System and open it
- In the Language and Location section, choose a new language for your console
- Restart your Xbox One
This will change the system language of your Xbox One.
For Honor Language Issues & Troubleshooting
A lot of players who bought For Honor have been complaining about not being able to change the language in the game. This is mainly due to region lock issues. For instance, if someone purchased the Russian version of the game, they will be unable to change the language to any other language, including English. But hopefully, by following the methods we mentioned above, you’ll be able to change your game’s language quickly.
This was how to change language in For Honor. PC players can also check out our guide on how to show FPS in For Honor, as this can help you increase your game’s performance. Furthermore, make sure to check out the file size of For Honor on all platforms as well if you’re planning to get the game anytime soon.