Path of Exile is a free-to-play game, a reason why players from all parts of the world play it. To make sure everyone has a smooth experience, the developers made sure to allow players to change the language to their preferred one. And today, we will be discussing how to change language in Path of Exile without contacting the game’s support team.
4 Methods To Change Language in Path of Exile
Path of Exile is available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Thankfully, there is an option to change the language in all of them. Similar to what we did in our Escape from Tarkov language changing guide, we are going to explain each method with steps. This way, you’ll be able to change it quickly and easily.
How To Change The Language in Path of Exile Through In-Game Settings
Just like most of the other video games out there, Path of Exile lets you change the language directly from the in-game settings. In other words, you don’t have to worry about opening the documents folder to tweak any file. This can be done in a matter of time, and here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Launch Path of Exile
- Wait for the Main Menu to appear
- Now, go to the game’s Options
- Click on the “UI” tab
- Now, click on the Language and choose your native one
- If you want the chat language to be different, you can click on the second option
Once done, restart the game to see the changes. The default for this game is English, but some people often find the wrong default language such as Russian. After you make the changes, the audio and text language will be changed. To reset the settings, you will need to again select a new one.
How To Change The Language in Path of Exile on PC Through Steam
If you downloaded Path of Exile on PC through Steam, there exists an option to change the language through the client itself. For this, you don’t have to open the game as this can be done from the games library. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open Steam
- Log in to your account
- Go to your Games Library page
- Find Path of Exile and right-click on its icon
- Click on Properties to open up a new page
- From the left side, click on the “Language” setting
- Now, choose your desired one from the list of languages
After you select a new specific language, restart Steam and then launch Path of Exile. This time, you will see your native language in the game. You don’t have to save any settings after changing the language.
How To Change The Language in Path of Exile on PS4
If you’re playing Path of Exile on PS4 and are unable to change the language through the in-game settings, then you will need to change the system language of your console. To do this, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Access the Settings of your PS4 from the top menu
- Scroll through the options and open the “Language” setting
- Open System Language and choose whichever language you prefer from the list of languages that will appear on your screen
After choosing a new language, restart your console and launch Path of Exile. You will now hopefully see a different language in the game.
How To Change The Language in Path of Exile on Xbox One
Xbox One players can also change the system language of their console if they are unable to change the language in Path of Exile through the in-game language option. The process can be done in a moment and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open the Menu by pressing its key on the controller and access the Profile and System tab from there
- Open the Settings and then access the System setting
- Here, you will see an option called “Language and Location”
- Open it and choose a new language for your system from the list of languages that will be present on your screen
Once done, restart your console. After you launch Path of Exile again, you will see your selected language in it.
This was how to change the language in Path of Exile. As you can see, you don’t need to tweak any file to change the language. If you’re interested in learning about how to see FPS in Path of Exile, you can go ahead and check out our guide. We also did a guide on how to get Exalted Orbs in the game.