How To Quickly Change Language in Elden Ring
Some Elden Ring players from different parts of the world are facing the issue of having the wrong language pre-selected for them in the game. Because of this, they are unable to play the game properly. If you’re one of them, continue reading below as we will explain how to change language in Elden Ring.
3 Methods To Quickly Change Language in Elden Ring
Elden Ring is available on multiple platforms, and thankfully, you can change the game’s language on all of them. Unlike most of the other games, you can not change the language from within the game. Instead, you will need to either change the language of your launcher or your console. The entire process is as easy as changing language in Apex Legends.
How To Change Language in Elden Ring on PC Through Steam
Elden Ring was launched on PC through Steam. If you’re someone who downloaded the game through this launcher and are trying to figure out a way to change the language, then you’ll be glad to know that you can do it through the Steam client itself. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Steam and sign in to your account that has Elden Ring it
- Go to your Game Library and find Elden Ring
- Left-click on the game’s icon to open a menu on your screen
- Click on “Properties”
- From the new menu that will pop up on your screen, click on the “Language” section that can be found on the left side
- Then, you’ll see an option on the right side through which you can change the game’s language
- Select your preferred language of Elden Ring through the drop-down list
After you have successfully selected a new language, restart Steam and launch Elden Ring again. This time, you’ll see your new language in the game.
How To Change Language in Elden Ring on PlayStation
If you purchased the game on the PlayStation, you will need to change your console's language. This is because the language in Elden Ring will be the same as your console’s. To do that, you will need to:
- Open the Settings menu of your PlayStation, which can be accessed through the top menu
- Navigate to the “Language” tab
- Go to “System Language”
- Select your preferred language from the options that you’ll have
Once done, restart your console for the changes to take place.
How To Change Language in Elden Ring on Xbox
Elden Ring’s language on the Xbox is also the same as the console's language. Thankfully, Xbox offers a quick and easy way to change the system language. If you’re interested in doing it, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Main Menu
- From the “Profile and System” tab, open the “Settings” section
- From here, you will need to go to the “Language and Location” section, which can be found in “System Settings”
- This is where you’ll be able to select a new language for your Xbox
After following the steps mentioned above, restart your console and wait for things to come back online. Then, launch the game once again, and you’ll now see your new language in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring Regional Language Issues
An important thing to keep in mind is that Elden Ring has a region lock. This means that if you purchased a physical copy of the game, you won’t be able to change the language. Instead, you’ll need to play the game in your regional language. Players from the Asia Region have complained a lot about this issue as they are unable to play Elden Ring in English because of the region lock.
This was how to change language in Elden Ring. If you’re playing the game on PC, then we’ll also recommend you check out our guide on how to see FPS in Elden Ring and how to set the game to fullscreen. Through this, you’ll be able to see whether your PC is delivering the maximum performance in the game or not.